HR and Exercise

Options
I'm doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I've done it every day for 5 days, which is much more exercise then I've ever done before.

The first 4 days, I burned around 315-330 calories for the 20 minutes. The exercises were tough at that point.

Today, I burned only 208 calories. I had a much easier time with them but still wroked out just as hard (as far as my effort) as I had before.

Is my heart rate getting lower since my body is getting used to the exercise (it's the same routine every day right now) which in turn is reducing my caloric burn?

Replies

• Wolffeathers
    Options
    Your heart is getting stronger, so it doesn't work as hard to get the blood pumping as it used too. This is also the reason why the calories burned on MFP will be wrong after some time.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Your heart is getting stronger, so it doesn't work as hard to get the blood pumping as it used too. This is also the reason why the calories burned on MFP will be wrong after some time.

That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. I guess it's a good thing but really stinks for caloric burn..haha. Time to add even more cardio to the day!