Need help finding the right Elliptical Trainer

Options
Romba
Romba Posts: 164 Member
I have been looking for over six months to purchase an elliptical trainer and am still not sure which brand to consider. Multiple forums and consumer sites have conflicting advice on top brands.

I do not know any personal trainers to ask what kind they use, so if you have any advice for me I'd greatly appreciate it.

I know that I want a rear drive elliptical that is a sturdy machine where when I do more intense resistance it doesnt rock back and forth. I want a quiet machine with at least an 18" stride, upper body option, heart rate monitor and a good warranty. I am willing to spent a little over $1,000. It will just be myself using the machine and I am 5'3" 135lbs.

I currently have a ProForm that I bought from Sears. It has lasted me 6 years, but it has a tendency to rock back and forth and feels unsafe when I kick up the intensity. It has been durable, but it was a cheaper model and I want a little better quality.

Thank you in advance for any info that would be helpful in finding a good brand.

Replies

• ejsmith7
    ejsmith7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have the Livestrong 13.0E and LOVE it. It is front drive, 20" stride, many preloaded programs, customizable programs...

My advice would be to take the time to go to stores and try a bunch out to find the right fit. Everyone is built differently, so what one person likes might not be the right fit for you.

Good Luck with your upgrade :smile: