Breakfast

Options
I'm interested in what other people eat for breakfast... I need to go grocery shopping and I don't even know where to start!

Replies

• sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Multigrain toast with peanutbutter and sometimes sliced banana, egg creations, veggie bacon (vegetarian), Kashi cereal with soy or almond milk with fruit.

I usually just mix it up with what cereal I ate and what fruit to add to it!
  • ambutara
    ambutara Posts: 1
    Options
    I almost always have an english muffin (100 cal) with a little peanut butter. Sometimes I'll have a sliced hard boiled egg white on the english muffin in place of the peanut butter. It seems to fill me up...
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    feel free to scan through my diary.
  • miss_melissa_
    Options
    I love oatmeal and turkey bacon. every now and then i switch it up to yogurt and fruit or a flat bagel with cream cheese.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    During the week, it's usually oatmeal and some form of fruit. On the weekends, a piece of whole grain toast with a smear of natural PB & marmalade.. or egg & turkey bacon on whole grain toast or light english muffin.
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Some of my favs are hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs with veggies and turkey bacon, english muffin with peanut butter, oatmeal with some cinnamon and splenda mixed in or a sugar free instant breakfast.
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    sara lee has a 45 calorie bread
    jimmy dean turkey sausage crumbles that are really good too (80 cal)
    oatmeal packets (100 cal.)
    egg substitute ( 30 cal, for 1/4 cup)

pretty much what you like to eat for breakfast try to find healthy options for it! Good luck shopping!
  • cptino
    cptino Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I try to mix it up, but usually it is one of the following:
    High fiber oatmeal
    Special K Protein Plus with fruit
    100 Cal. English Muffin with egg and slice of cheese
    Cottage cheese with fruit
    Kashi Bar with fruit
  • RussellWC
    Options
    Since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I try to eat around 500 calories.

Usually 5 egg whites, a package of minute oatmeal, 8 oz of orange juice, fat free yogurt and a fruit.

I have been eating like this for 9 months and have lost 41 pounds with exercise.
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Usually quick cooking oatmeal (not instant), I need the additional fiber. But I have to but something in it to flavor it.....raisins, nuts, blueberries, apple or mixed dried fruit. Yes, I always count my additions. Today it was oatmeal with 1/4 c. fresh blueberries and 1T chopped pecans.....yummy!
  • MsSaturday
    MsSaturday Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    almost always an egg, boiled, fried (with pam), scrambled or poached. Some days I give the yolk to the dog :)
    And I'll have a piece of veggie bacon and some sort of whole whet bread, usually an english muffin.
    If I don't have time to cook then I'll have a greek yogurt with granola and fruit or a granola bar if I'm really in a hurry.
    Today we're having huevos ranchero's ;)
  • sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    Options
    I have egg yogurt or tost
  • Happytobealive
    Options
    Most mornings I have a 100 cal english muffin, one tbs lite butter sprinkled with a little sugar/cinn. only 158 cals and holds me until lunch.
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    most days, oatmeal and add raisins and a few almonds. It keeps me full until lunch.
  • cbbradshaw
    Options
    I usually have a banana and a tbsp of peanut butter. If I'm heading out the door I grab a Luna bar. I love those. Try to always have one with me so when hunger strikes I can feed it responsibly.
  • 0flynnstone0
    Options
    Usually I have a packet of instant cream of wheat or instant oatmeal. It never gets boring because you can mix so many different things in it!
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a banana first thing in the morning. Then I go to the gym. After the workout I have 3 eggs, sometimes toast, and sometimes I will make a couple pieces of bacon, or a butterfly chop. But always eggs.... I have my own chickens. :glasses:
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i just bought a box of Special K cereal with Cinnamon and Pecans -- unbelievably delicious especially when topped with a couple fresh strawberries.

i often just eat 2 fried eggs or an english muffin with a tablespoon of peanut butter.
  • james3302
    james3302 Posts: 119
    Options
    Eggs and plain oatmeal.
  • lgdanley
    lgdanley Posts: 1
    Options
    Thin sliced bagel with almond butter and a tsp. of jam with a piece of furit, or the same thin sliced bagel with a poached egg and a slice of low sodium ham with fruit. Also like Total almond and flax cereal, yummy!