Losing Motivation

Options
Hi fellow fitness pal friends! Iv been recording what iv been eating now for over a month and Iv enjoyed doing it and noticed a difference in my weight etc but recently im lacking motivation and find im reaching to the biscuit tin! any tips on how to stay focused?!
Hayley xx

Replies

• gapilot
    gapilot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like to get into my closet and start trying on clothes I have not been able to wear until now ... it helps me avoid the munchies.
  • JWruns
    JWruns Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    get a mental picture of what you want to be. you could even cut out a picture from a magazine of what you would like to look like- and i DON'T mean some twiggy little swimsuit model! find a realistic goal, and keep picturing yourself looking that way. :)
  • caitylynn62
    caitylynn62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Im ahving the same porblem, only its been less than a month. I really need to get back on track, excersizing harder, and watching what I eat carefully again. I keep thinking about how happy I was the first week when my hard work paid off and I lost 4 pounds.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I just think about how far I have come (I am down 25 lbs and 2 sizes). I just got into a size 14 which I haven't worn in years, so it motivates me to keep going. You are doing a great job. Don't give up!!!
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I tend to look at pics from high school or other pics or when I was lighter. Its a bit depressing LOL but it tends to get my but in gear. I have a really hard time staying motivated. Especially since I am a shift worker and find it difficult to get that work out when I am doing a 7days stretch.

You can do it just stick to it
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    remove the biscuits :tongue:
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    get rid of the biscuit tin...
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    remove the biscuits :tongue:

Great minds...
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I was starting to lose motivation and then watched a movie with a bunch of skinny girls in it at the size I want so badly to be, so I got up and got on my Gazzelle and started to work out. It felt good to know I was back on my path to skinnyness. Also If that does not work I will look at Victoria Secret swimsuit edition at the swimsuits I want to wear this coming summer. That always gets me going.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    all i have to do is look into the mirror after i get out of the shower and it's a real motivator!!!! it's still not a pretty site but it's getting there. LOL Plus being able to get into clothes that I haven't been able to wear for a long time is also very motivating for me. Then there is shopping.....ever noticed that all of those "skinny" clothes are so much cuter?
  • teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    Options
    Remember that if you do nothing..it will only continue to climb. Better to take care of it now and be what you wanna be...healthier, thinner. I want to feel accomplished! I also don't like to let others down...think about all of the ppl that know you are doing this?? What are you gonna say? Oh, I quit. Not me and you just need to re focus! This is for you:) xo
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    all of us can sit here and help you and motivate you...

but you truly need to motivate yourself as you are the one controlling what goes into your mouth. As others have said before, imagine your goals and reach for them. How important is it to you to have a healthier body? Is your goal to fit into smaller clothes? If it is, how important is that to you?

It took me forever to get started on a healthier lifestyle but now, more than ever, it is very important for me to reach my goals and with that drive and motivation, i am reaching them. Having a great support team is wonderful, but if it wasn't for me pushing my own butt, id quit and not think twice about it.

So know you can do this...but you gotta want it and push yourself. Good luck.
  • sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    Options
    I know I have days I dont want to get up and go to the gym but I know If I miss one dcay it will lead to two days and so on so I think about how I want to look when my husband gets off that plane and seees me for the 1 st time in a year the look on his face when I tell him I am going running with him somthing I have not been able to do I think of how shocked he is going to be
  • BeckyRayJohnson
    Options
    I am having a bit of the same issues this week. I am going to have to make sure the things I do not like to eat are all the snacks in the house for the family. I know..change their eating choices but Hubby would just die.lol. Why dont we make a "pact" ..we will each get it together in the week ahead? At least we can squeeze in our exercise by cleaning harder or walking more and we can put away the biscuit tin!! Feel free to add me
  • mikerox
    mikerox Posts: 14
    Options
    At the times I lose my motivation, I do a few things.
    I go back and look at my before/current pics and imagine how it would feel to be back at my goal weight.
    For me, I associate better health and more active life styles with that weight.
    Another way to motivate myself is looking at all of the other success stories on MFP.
    There are so many great stories on here its unbelievably motivating.
    You can get motivated just by "listening" to the excitement in thier voices when they write about it here.
    One more,my wife says I'm like a big kid and this kid cannot wait to be in shape for spring/summer fun!

Sometimes it gets tough, but we can do this and have an overall better life!:bigsmile:
  • systerT
    systerT Posts: 3
    Options
    I put a picture of myself in the shape I want to go back to on the computor......I see it every time I log on....it helps me to stay focused. :smile:
  • jlbryant2
    jlbryant2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i think we have all suffered from what your going through so my advice is to think of it as a lifestyle change not just a diet because if you change your eating habits and figure out how to eat everything you enjoy but with sneaky changes that are lower in sugar and salt then you will stick to it. diets only last for a short period but a lifestyle change will go with you forever. i lost about 50 pounds a little over 4 years ago and kept it off because i changed my eating habits and my lifestyle. you can do it but u need to start with "spring cleaning" your pantry and get rid of everything unhealthy and then restock with healthy foods. You are less likely to eat it if its not there because 90% of the time we are not going to drive somewhere to get it.

Also, i bought a small cute little summer shirt and i hang it on the door of my closet so everyday i open my closet i see it and am reminded of my goals. i really really want to wear this shirt this summer to campmeeting lol!

Good luck and i wish you the best. If you need anything we are always here for you!
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hey all I can say is if I can do it u can too. Check out my journey http://www.facebook.com/Burns2bBeautiful?m2w
  • FIDDLEMAN1
    Options
    I've only been at this 6 weeks and have had the same problem. I keep some low calorie snacks around, like 5-6 small pretzels, Celery, apples around. Try to keep things I really enjiy, like dove chocolate, mini snickers out of the house. I also try to eat small amounts ferquently ( 3 -4 time a day) because I get hungry. Seeing my weight loss improve each Friday also motivates me very much. I think that helps me boost my motivation the most. I also talk to myself about the necessity to have strong will power. I quit smoking by reinforcing my own will power and expect to do the same with my weight problem. Also, take a look around at all the fat people you see and take pride that you will not be among them much longer.