Colon cleanse question

Options
Is there a recommended or preferred over the counter colon cleanse? Please nobody trying to sell their stuff.

How often should you use these things? I havent used any but I'm seriously considering doing a cleanse but are they
necessary? I dont want to end up having diarhea for 24 hours either.

I heard something about Aloe juice? Thoughts please?

Replies

• DeeBee24
    DeeBee24 Posts: 4
    Options
    Two good articles to look at regarding colon cleansing:

http://www.webmd.com/balance/natural-colon-cleansing-is-it-necessary
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/colon-cleansing/AN00065

If looking at colon cleansing to relieve constipation, there are some merits, but if looking to lose weight or remove toxins, it is mostly considered unnecessary. As a pharmacist, I recommend increasing fiber, increasing fluid intake, and exercising instead.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    ^ This!
  • buchmansrus
    buchmansrus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I dont go to the bathroom that often but when I do, I feel constipated. I dont know how else to say it.

I'm hearing alot about cleansing your colon out of toxins but I dunno if thats just a new diet fad or something.

Would like to be "regular"

I am exercising tho and I still go often it just always seems like a strain?
  • buchmansrus
    buchmansrus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the websites. Very much appreciated. I decided they are not for me :)
  • Jaccilatt5
    Jaccilatt5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I totally know how you feel...sometimes its 6-7 days between me "going". If increased my water (over a gallon a day) and Im taking fiber supplements and Im working out everyday.....nothing seems to be working. I thinking Im going to try Miralax or Go Lightly. That way its not some long drawn out thing....8 or so hours of not being able to leave the house and its all over, at least thats what Ive been told : )
  • Saraingreen
    Saraingreen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I recommend a product that is 100% pure psyllium husk with no additives. It is called Colon Cleanse and it is from a compnay called Health Plus Inc. I think the website is www.healthplusinc.com. My husband and I both use it to maintain regularity, we have used it for almost 5 years now and it's the only brand that I will buy. Much more success with anything else. I will also use it everyday for a couple weeks and then take a week off. Just make sure you drink plenty of water.

You might also want to look into an herbal product called Triphala. It is used in Ayurvedic medicine and I have found it to be very effective. I get mine from Mountain Rose Herbs or Southwest Botanicals. It tastes awful though so most people prefer it in capsule form.
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I recommend the Jillian Michaels 14 day detox and cleanse plan. I've used it on a few different occasions when I've felt a little "Off" and it really seems to help. It also really helps increase my energy level. I know I'm not a "Pill" person, but this is easy to take and easy on the system and also helped jumpstart my weightloss efforts. Check it out. I've found it at Target and Walgreens.