I'm gaining rather than losing...

Options
Hey guys,

Just need to make sure this is normal, but I've put on weight instead of losing any even though I've been working out daily AND watching my calories.

and no, there have been no changes in my measurements either way. I'm not sure whats going on!

Any insight would be appreciated

Replies

• pussycatsandtoast
    Options
    Hey guys,

Just need to make sure this is normal, but I've put on weight instead of losing any even though I've been working out daily AND watching my calories.

and no, there have been no changes in my measurements either way. I'm not sure whats going on!

Any insight would be appreciated
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    How much sodium are you consuming?

Are you getting at least 8-eight oz glasses of water a day?
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie intake for the day? I know this gets talked on here so much but are you eating your exercise calories. Is TOM visiting you. Like she said in the above post. Are you watching your sodium. I now have it on my food diary so I can make sure I am watching it also.

Connie
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    You are probably gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat, but takes up less space. Just hang in there you will eventually see changes in your measurements. Muscles use more calories so eventually that muscle will start to "burn" your fat.
  • Fab140
    Options
    What is your calorie intake for the day? I know this gets talked on here so much but are you eating your exercise calories. Is TOM visiting you. Like she said in the above post. Are you watching your sodium. I now have it on my food diary so I can make sure I am watching it also.

Connie

Here's a better way to do this:

Can we take a peak at what a typical day for you is? That way we can maybe point out something you may have not noticed. :flowerforyou:
  • dantell13
    Options
    a) you may not be eating enough
    b) you might be taking in too much carbs and salt
    c) you might be eating too late in the day
    d) are you burning up 400 calories excercising, that should be your goal
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hey girlie!!!

Could you post two days of your foods so we can see what you are eating, and then your workouts and calories burned. And are you drinking water?

Keep up the work girlie, you can do it!
  • gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Watch out for BTLs Bites, Tastes, and Licks, those little things really add up...:cry:

Hang in there, if you are building muscle, your body will start burning more calories :happy:
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I need help too.... This is the 4th week of me working out every day (250-400 cal cardio on elliptical, running, or step aerobics), plus I'm eating around 1300 cal per day (I'm satisfied throughout the day), and watching fats and sodium... I'm eating my workout calories too... and I've put on 2 pounds! IT IS SO DISCOURAGING!!!
    I havent measured myself, and I will cuz that might be where it is showing... but still!!!! I should be loosing something!!!!
    HELP!
  • Fab140
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I need help too.... This is the 4th week of me working out every day (250-400 cal cardio on elliptical, running, or step aerobics), plus I'm eating around 1300 cal per day (I'm satisfied throughout the day), and watching fats and sodium... I'm eating my workout calories too... and I've put on 2 pounds! IT IS SO DISCOURAGING!!!
    I havent measured myself, and I will cuz that might be where it is showing... but still!!!! I should be loosing something!!!!
    HELP!

How are you calculating your calories burned? The sites and machines tend to be pretty off....