I dont know what happened.

Options
So last night we got news that my husband wasn't deploying. He was supposed to leave next month for a 6 month tour in Afghanistan. He already spent a few months out of state for pre-deployment training and everything. It's news that we have been waiting months to hear.

But what happened afterwords is what is crappy. We went to celebrate, and I knew I would be good. After all, this is my first week and I have already lost 7 pounds. I have gone to the gym all week, except yesterday..and I feel like I have been doing so good. For once....I am started to get used to making healthy decisions and relying on the gym in my everyday activities.

But I feel cruddy for last night. I know that it's okay to have a cheat day and what not, but I went overboard. I am worried that what I ate last night will make me gain back the 7 pounds that I already lost :(

I plan on going to the gym and doing some extra work to make up for last night. I just wish I could erase yesterday and start over.

Replies

• swanfam4
    swanfam4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. I'm sure that you didn't gain all 7lbs back in one night. Be easy on yourself (which I know is more difficult than it sounds). Learn from last night and try to move forward. Sounds like you're off to a great start. And woohoo for no deployment...enjoy keeping your hubby home.
  • SpartanHard
    SpartanHard Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You could not have eaten 24.500 calories. You might have gained a lb or 2 but that is even highly unlikely. What you will likely see is water weight gain. Ignore it.

Keep going! <---Thats what matters most.
  • britt_fit
    britt_fit Posts: 169
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself! Just consider this a lesson learned. No one can eat perfectly everyday and we all mess up. I guarantee that you couldn't have a gained back all of the weight or even any of it for that matter in one day. Just don't dwell on it, move forward, and continue your routine like you've been doing and don't let it get you down :smile:
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You could not have eaten 24.500 calories. You might have gained a lb or 2 but that is even highly unlikely. What you will likely see is water weight gain. Ignore it.

Keep going! <---Thats what matters most.

Exactly!!!!!
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yeah it takes you eating 3,500 calories to even gain ONE pound and have it stay. Don't worry about it!! No big deal! Just pick yourself up and move on! :)
  • jmzhale
    jmzhale Posts: 186
    Options
    7 lbs = 24,500 calories, Pretty sure you didn't eat that much, down't sweat it. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    my cheat day was yesterday too.. Had mexican for lunch and dinner.. I know... Yikes... But i didnt bash myself about it... just knew i needed to work harder this weekend :)
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Aw. :) I promise you'll be fine. Like everyone above me said--it's absolutely impossible to gain back 7 pounds of fat in one day. The weight you might put on (but not much! maybe 1-4 pounds) is more than likely water weight, which drops within 2 days if you begin eating right again. No worries--enjoy it as a cheat day & press forward !~
  • oEmmyo
    oEmmyo Posts: 21
    Options
    I know that I couldn't gain back all 7 in one night.. but that's what was on my mind all night while regretting it!

Thanks for your support :)
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing the second week of my "journey back to thinness". It was my birthday and I went nuts. About 3600 calories (no joke). I actually gained back 2 of the pounds I had lost.... of course I hadn't ACTUALLY GAINED the weight, even though the scale said I did. There was water retention from salt over load and the weight of the food "in transit". I got right back on the next day and within two days I had fully "recovered". Since then I've lost 18 lbs.

Just get back up and start again. Don't be too hard on yourself. Learn from your mistake.

Good luck on your journey.
  • steacher24
    Options
    I always view it as this. Did you really eat 7 pounds of food? You can only gain the pounds that you ate! You have to allow yourself a day off every so often. You'd go right back into it if you cheated yourself too much. I usually allow myself a little more slack on Saturdays, and I've still been losing. When I did eat greasy food after eating so many healthy foods, I definitely noticed its effect on my body. I causes to me think a little more before I make those decisions. Good luck! You're gonna do great!
  • siscotty
    siscotty Posts: 5
    Options
    Never look backward....only forward. Your future lies only in front of you. My whole weekend sucked as far as working out/eating right. I am back on track today, and I can only do today. I love you and TOTALLY understand what you mean. Guilt is not productive in a fitness plan, though. I won't let you guilt if you promise not to let me guilt. LOVE YOU.