Message from my daughter

Options
My daughter (amylynne26) sent me a disturbing e-mail. I don't think she can sign in to MFP at her job so she told me I could post it on MFP if I wanted to. This is the e-mail:

"A woman I used to work with died in her sleep last night. Her grade school aged children found her this morning, and couldn't wake her up. She was morbidly obese and had several complications/health issues related to that... she was younger than me and I am 34."

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Just another reason I'm so thankful for finding this website. I wasn't morbidly obese but I was obese and I felt like I was killing myself with my unhealthy lifestyle. Thank you again Mike for creating this site. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My daughter (amylynne26) sent me a disturbing e-mail. I don't think she can sign in to MFP at her job so she told me I could post it on MFP if I wanted to. This is the e-mail:

"A woman I used to work with died in her sleep last night. Her grade school aged children found her this morning, and couldn't wake her up. She was morbidly obese and had several complications/health issues related to that... she was younger than me and I am 34."

Just another reason I'm so thankful for finding this website. I wasn't morbidly obese but I was obese and I felt like I was killing myself with my unhealthy lifestyle. Thank you again Mike for creating this site. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU mike you are saving lives and so are all of us heres to the greatest support group in the WORLD:drinker:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    That makes me want to cry.
    Her poor children.
    I cannot imagine. :sad:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    There, but for the grace of God, would be the rest of us. Thanks for the wake up call!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Oof! That's horrible. :brokenheart:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is horrible!! :brokenheart: :cry:

But thank you for posting that and showing what a wonderful thing Mike has done here by giving us all a place to gather and focus on being healthy!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    My husband always coaches little league baseball - 3 years ago we had a boy - great kid but also obese on the team. His mom died due to complications in breathing all related to her weight. It was so sad.

We are all in the right place to make a difference in our own lives :)
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    I hate the term "morbidly obese" :frown: I could lose 80 frickin pounds and still be "morbidly obese" yet I don't have high blood pressure or high cholesterol or diabetes or anything like that.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    There, but for the grace of God, would be the rest of us. Thanks for the wake up call!

:flowerforyou: :cry:

You said it.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Wow....:brokenheart: :cry: That is so horrible...Poor kids...:cry: Our health is very important. All you can do is live for today...Tomorrow has no guarantees.:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thankful I am here. I always say when I go I dont want it to me MY fault!

I will give God all the tools he needs to keep me here a while longer!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Love you guys :heart:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Oh that is just so bad. Poor kids.
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    hey I'm back! (for a minute...)

Yep this was my friend / former co-worker... I just left the company a few weeks ago. It was such a wakeup call for me. I haven't been to the doctor for much besides childbirth in as long as I can remember. I only need to lose about 30-40 pounds BUT how do I know what may or may not be happening inside??

Yes, she had a lot of issues (heart failure, diabetes) which were related to her weight, but she was on medication and in treatment for them. She STILL didn't do anything about her weight... I think that's the point I'm trying to make, guys. It is so important to get a check up, work with your doctor, take steps to health!! I know we're all on here to lose weight but this has caused me to look at weightloss in a whole new way... I was doing it for superficial reasons. Now I'm doing it because I don't want my children to ever not be able to wake me up. Life is too precious.

I gotta go... I can no longer see the screen through my tears. Please pray for these 3 kids. Dad is not around. I don't know what will happen to them.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    hey I'm back! (for a minute...)

Yep this was my friend / former co-worker... I just left the company a few weeks ago. It was such a wakeup call for me. I haven't been to the doctor for much besides childbirth in as long as I can remember. I only need to lose about 30-40 pounds BUT how do I know what may or may not be happening inside??

Yes, she had a lot of issues (heart failure, diabetes) which were related to her weight, but she was on medication and in treatment for them. She STILL didn't do anything about her weight... I think that's the point I'm trying to make, guys. It is so important to get a check up, work with your doctor, take steps to health!! I know we're all on here to lose weight but this has caused me to look at weightloss in a whole new way... I was doing it for superficial reasons. Now I'm doing it because I don't want my children to ever not be able to wake me up. Life is too precious.

I gotta go... I can no longer see the screen through my tears. Please pray for these 3 kids. Dad is not around. I don't know what will happen to them.
    :brokenheart:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I received another e-mail/phone call from my daughter. Apparently the funeral is on hold because the family doesn't have enough money to pay for it. They're requesting pledges of money and also asking for prayers. Let me make it very clear, I'm NOT writing this to solicit money from anyone on MFP. This is just an update on what's happening. I AM asking for your prayers though that the family can come up with the money to pay for the funeral. Also please pray for the three children. Without going into any detail, apparently there is a custody dispute between family members (including the dad who hasn't been a part of the kids' lives) on who's going to get custody of the kids. Thank you in advance for your prayers for this family.

Betty
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Very scary.

Two weeks ago at our high school football game a 48 year old man fell over dead in the stands. When the got him out of the bleachers on a stretcher they were still trying to revive him. He was a big man, they had pulled his shirt off to do CPR. They were pumping his chest and they moved the stretcher down the stairs. The man was blue. It was very scary. We all saw it, my kids and everyone there. I looked at my hubby, and said "it that isn't a reason to get healthy, then I don't know what is." I explained to my kids that what they put in their bodies now can wreak havoc on their hearts later. My ten year old son is now starting to pay attn to what goes in his mouth! It matters. It matters alot.