losing last 5 lbs

Options
I am within 4 pounds (or 5 or 6 depepnding on the week) of my goal, and have been for several weeks now. On the weeks that I don't watch what I eat so closely and don't log and don't exercise enough, I seem to drop, then I go and "get back on track" logging everything, staying under my cals and exercising and the weight goes up a pound or two. I a becoming frustrated... Any ideas??

Replies

• snelfk
    snelfk Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am within 4 pounds (or 5 or 6 depepnding on the week) of my goal, and have been for several weeks now. On the weeks that I don't watch what I eat so closely and don't log and don't exercise enough, I seem to drop, then I go and "get back on track" logging everything, staying under my cals and exercising and the weight goes up a pound or two. I a becoming frustrated... Any ideas??
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I've been working on the last 15lbs and have decided to just take the time to tone my body instead of focus on the weight loss and I've been pretty happy with those results over the summer. Now I'm going to get back into things again monitoring my weight and really focus on the last few pounds so I think what I'm going to do is to just eat the base calories MFP provides me and eat much less of the bonus calories earned from my work outs without putting myself into a hunger mode at any time during the day.

I've also read that keeping your breakfast and lunch regulated (the same things consistently) over time helps the body burn calories quicker. Mixing up your evening meals doesn't have a negative affect unless you're eating too late at night and then going to bed after your meal.

What are others doing out there?
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I am in the home stretch as well..... I have 12 to go.. i have a couple weeks where i stay the same.. then a 1 lb loss.. then stay the same... then a 1 lb loss.... at this rate maybe i'll hit goal by xmas grr lol
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    these are the HARDEST your body wants to hold on to its fat in case of an emergency and is stubborn to lose wt. keep at it it will come
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance for a couple weeks. Keep active, but feel free to take a week to perform unstructured physical activity, like walking or hiking or something fun. When you hit the gym again, start something different. If you were working on endurance, train for strength instead, or vice versa. Incorporate interval training like sprints into your CV activity. Then drop your calories only slightly, maybe to a 100-300 calorie deficit. In time, you can decrease your calories again. You may have to cycle like this for a couple months before you successfully lose the last 5, and don't be surprised if you see some fluctuations. The last few pounds are tough!
  • kojaja
    Options
    How in the world did you loose 88lbs since July??? Please tell me your secret..
  • snelfk
    snelfk Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    How in the world did you loose 88lbs since July??? Please tell me your secret..

nope, only lost 22 since Feb