Fast food and conv. Stores

Options
Hello all, just wondering is anyone else out there ever tells themselves they are going to be good today and the next thing they know they are in the drivethrou or online at the convience store? Just wondering.

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hasn't happened to me lately...but it has happened in the past. Just have to have the will power to say NO! and sometimes that is really hard if you are having a down or tough day....have to dig deep inside for that motivation and will power spirit sometimes. If you find you are slipping...have something healthy to eat...or drink a big glass or bottle of water..or do do something fun that will keep your mind off of driving through the drive through or going to the conv store. Good luck!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    before starting with mfp? sure!
    That was likely part of my problem *L*

now that i am tracking everything on mfp? actually no... not even once since Jan 24 (when i started here)..not even been tempted oddly enough!

Something about 'winning' i think.... every night when i log the last of my food and i can look at it and feel 'good' about the choices i made, i feel like i 'won' something that day... *L* may sound silly, but it really is how i feel.. and i have fast become addicted to feeling like each day has been a 'success' even when other things during the day have been less than successful.

edited to add:
    as a matter of fact just last night i was at the Wendy's drive-thru *L*.. gave son a ride home from work and he wanted to stop there. He even offered to buy me supper there! i politely thanked him but declined, and even the smell of it in the car as i delivered him to his house did not make me even wish i had gotten some afterall *L* weird!.. delightfully weird *LOL*
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    When I started, it was hard to beat that craving. I still have weak moments, but not quite like that. The phone app has helped I enter what I would order and that usually stops me cold.
    you can do it, just say no and keep driving.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Hello all, just wondering is anyone else out there ever tells themselves they are going to be good today and the next thing they know they are in the drivethrou or online at the convience store? Just wondering.
    Yep, it's mostly a matter of convenience (or laziness) for me. When this happens I try to make the best choice possible from the available options. Even if I give in and eat a cheeseburger and fries, I know that I can start over. It's not realistic to think that I will live the rest of my life without eating fast food, why should I completely deprive myself of it while I'm losing weight? Deprivation of a certain food may only make you crave it more.
  • Schiavo
    Schiavo Posts: 3
    Options
    I went to the mall today and walked through the food court and never stopped to eat anything.I finally realized I am so motivated to lose my weight that it was not an issue.Nothing in food courts ever made me want to eat there.I went home and made a salad with turkey and cheese.And I was so satisfied,I am glad now to know it is all in how you feel about having something that may ruin all your hard work you are putting into your weight loss.Keep your chin up and keep plugging along.:wink::wink:
  • Schiavo
    Schiavo Posts: 3
    Options
    I went to the mall today and walked through the food court and never stopped to eat anything.I finally realized I am so motivated to lose my weight that it was not an issue.Nothing in food courts ever made me want to eat there.I went home and made a salad with turkey and cheese.And I was so satisfied,I am glad now to know it is all in how you feel about having something that may ruin all your hard work you are putting into your weight loss.Keep your chin up and keep plugging along.:wink::wink: