New from MD

Options
Hi all! Thanks to my dear friend Tara I was turned onto this site. I am really excited to get going and have already started entering information. I live in a rural area and rely on my Wii Fit Plus and dvd's. If you have any suggestions on how to vary my workouts with limited resources please let me know.

Replies

• lindainak
    lindainak Posts: 101
    Options
    Get out and cross country ski. Quickest way I know to get in shape.
  • ana70
    ana70 Posts: 93
    Options
    DVD's are free at the library and if you don't like them, you can always send them back. They should have a large collection. The library is a great resource of books and information. Research is good when you are first getting started. Wallmart has cheap exercise dvds if you find one you like. Walking is free. The floor of your apartment is good, squats , sit ups, push ups, ect.

Good luck, I am here for you.
  • jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    We live in a rural area, too, and you don't need fancy gyms or machines to get moving. Just do it!! Welcome to the wonderful, rewarding world of self-improvement and health. Like any country road, it has some ruts and obstacles, but if you keep on the right track, you'll get there.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcom from another MD'er!
  • Lele71
    Lele71 Posts: 76
    Options
    Hi. There are alot of really fun games for the wii. I have the zumba fitness game for the wii. and I love it. I also have heard that the just dance games are really fun.
  • tsnowden1881
    Options
    Hi! Im from MD too, I love leslie Sansone's Walk it Off DVD's and the biggest loser is pretty good too..you are gonna love this site
  • missie21
    missie21 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yahhhh............... another MD er...... You will love the site....welcome....
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love to walk country roads! But I have to watch out for bears so no dusk or dawn walking for this girl.
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I do have that dvd and love it also. My thing right now is boxing with my Wii Fit Plus!
  • MommyPower
    Options
    MD is the house..lol! I bought some kettle bells. I went on youtube and found some workouts there. It is really easy once you get the feel of things. It works your whole body.