Whoah! I'm halfway there!

Options
LorinaLynn
LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
Whoah-oh! Living on a prayer! :laugh: Sorry. I songplanted myself and needed to get that out.

I just breezed past my halfway point today, so it's time to man up and get some before & during pics going. Except it's a before-the-before picture. It was taken during the summer when I really have no clue what my actual weight was. I stopped weighing myself, as summer turned to fall, became completely engrossed in preparing for my epic Halloween party. Which meant getting in the "spirit" (Ha-ha! Halloween pun!) by bringing home bags and bags of Halloween candy, taste-testing various alcoholic beverages (Thumbs up to Captain Morgan Tattoo and Wild Turkey American Honey!) and making trial version of my booze-infused Jello Brain and rum balls and cupcakes with white chocolate skulls and black icing... Yummmm.

IMG_9544-1.jpg

IMG_9541.jpg

The party was a huge hit. But we had a TON of leftovers. Oh, drat! You mean I gotta finish off the cupcakes? Twist my arm.

Then tragedy struck. My wonderful Fergus, one of my black kitties and an absolute sweetheart, died. My depression spiraled out of control, and I ate. And ate. And ate. Then a friend's birthday party. Then my brother had a "practice Thanksgiving dinner." Then his real Thanksgiving dinner. Then my high school reunion. Then the two year anniversary of losing my Mom, which gave the depression another hit. Then an early Christmas party... by then, I was starting to come out of my slump and getting disgusted with myself. One of the fellow party guests was talking to my very athletic niece about the Warrior Dash, and my eyes just lit up! It sounded amazing! And I consider myself to be a bit of a badass, and love Vikings, and you get a beer and a turkey drumstick at the end!? I'M IN!

So that's what started my fitness kick. Drunken fantasies of jumping fire and crawling through mud. At first, it wasn't about weight loss, just about getting fit enough to do such a crazy thing. Then after a week of increased activity, I got on the scale. 160. Ugh. I'm ok with 150. That's only 15 pounds above my happy weight of 135. But I didn't want to be 25 pounds above that!

That's when I found the C25K program, MFP, and joined Planet Fitness. The rest, they say, is history.

I'm finally getting into the groove of this. I enjoy working out. I love running. I'm good at eating right and like trying new things. I'm good about getting plenty of water. And best of all, I'm realizing that I need more calories to lose weight properly! Eat more, weigh less?! Fab! When I had my MFP settings at 2 pounds a week, I was given 1200 calories and told I'd lose 1.3 a week. When I set it to 1 pound a week, I got about 1350 and have been losing 1.5 every week. Except this week, when I lost two! And I'm eating real food. Pizza once or twice a week. Pasta... lots of pasta. A little booze now and then. I'm just trying to avoid prepared food that's high in sodium. And getting in more fresh veggies. I'm probably eating MORE now than I did when I was gaining weight, just better. And exercising a lot more. In addition to running 3x a week, I'm doing the EA Sports Active2 9 Week Challenge. Just finished Phase 2. And a bunch of custom and trainer generated workouts, too. I aim for 45 minutes a day. Sometimes more. I alternate between burning about 600 calories on running days and 200-300 on "easy" days.

Today is the first day I've taken off from exercise in about two months. It's my halfway reward to myself: No exercise and no logging for one day! I'm going to make a day off part of my weekly schedule.

So anyway, onto the pictures. I'm shy about doing this, but it's another "comfort zone" thing. It's not a drastic difference, but it's a difference. This summer, at about 152# and today at 144#. I'm noticing a lot in the belly and spare tire region. And I was probably sucking it in with the summer picture, and I definitely wasn't today. And do I detect the beginning of abs?! :laugh:

IMG_9842-copy.jpg

Replies

• crazymama2two
    Options
    LOVED reading this....i loved your descriptive words :)

and you look FABULOUS!!
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You look great. I am on week 7 of couch to 5k, Dropped out in Oct on week 5, just started again. I struggle with the correct way to use my cals, and the fact that I have to eat more to lose weight. So we have some issues in common. Congrats and keep up the good work.
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    thats a great loss well done, and do i see a new tattoo? xaxax
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    Awesome work girl!!!
  • SweetTooth68
    SweetTooth68 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The cat tatt (presumably Fergus?) is so sweet! Awesome job - can see a big difference and you look much more toned also! Congratulations!
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    thats a great loss well done, and do i see a new tattoo? xaxax

Yep! That one is of my Fergus kitty. I got it the day he died on a whim as a memorial. I got another two weeks later (a Maneki Neko cat like in my ticker) and my belly button pierced two weeks after that. My depressive month was a busy one! :laugh:
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Yay thats totally amazing, you rocked it. Btw I will always remember the great mask of Terry!!!
    I can definitely see the difference!
    You rock!
  • qtrhrsewoman
    Options
    Great post. It really motivates me. I need to find a pic from last summer at the lake and put it in a prominent place, probably the cabinet door since I tend to to open it more than the fridge.
  • marji4x
    marji4x Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AWESOME! Lookit that victory smile!
  • nkaplosinit
    nkaplosinit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story and pictures!! You have inspired me to keep going! Thank you! You look GREAT!!
  • funfor5
    funfor5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look Fantastic!!! You are great motivation & inspiration to me each day ~ keep up the good work :):flowerforyou:
  • lemanda
    lemanda Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look amazing and I too have discovered that eating more equals less. Here's to the 130's!!
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You look great and congrats on the halfway mark!

I have to say, I may have to steal some of your Halloween ideas as we have a large party every year! This past one, I made just a jello brain, no alcohol. but the alcohol was in the jello shots!

keep up the great work!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    We love haloween too! Must be a nice feeling to be 1/2 way there! You are an inspiration and I am glad to call you my friend.
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    Thanks, everybody! I can't wait to see what the next 14# brings! :D
  • royam01
    royam01 Posts: 123
    Options
    You look great!:)
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited for you Lorina!!!!! You look great!! I can really notice it in your face too! So proud of you!
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!! u look fekn AMAZIN!!! woohoo u go girl xxxx
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Great job!! For losing 8 lbs you can see tremendous differences so it looks like you lost about 25 lbs!! Very inspiring. I am also doing the Warrior Dash here in Texas on 3/20 - so excited about that. You will be at your goal before you know it!!
  • slimyfishy
    slimyfishy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS!!! Way to go! :drinker: :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!