Zig zag dieting

Options
I have just learned about zig zag dieting. It's were to zig zag your calorie intake. I am wondering if anyone has had any luck with it??

Replies

• bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    Don't really know about this, but I guess I tend to do it. I might have 1,000 calories a couple days in a row and then have 16 or 18 hundred. I've heard it jump starts your metabolism, but I really do it because it depends on my schedule and how hungry I am and what my options are on a particular day.
  • darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have read about zig zagging your cals and I think the idea is to have a weekly average equal to what your daily goal would be. I am not a doc, but what I've read makes sense...you metabolism doesn't get stuck in a calorie rut so to speak and it kind of gives you a cheat day which is nice. I don't do it on purpose per say but if I decide to have a little something extra every once in awhile I remind myself it can be a good thing. I just try to trust my body...if I am hungry I eat...if I am not, I don't. If I am way under my calories I try to have a snack so I don't under nourish myself but for the most part I am trusting myself and my instincts. Good luck! If you do it I hope it goes well! :)
  • Page83
    Page83 Posts: 23
    Options
    i have done it without realising it, it wasnt until a few weeks ago that i read about it. some times (because i cant help myself lol) i would eat over my calorie limit and then the next few days i would eat under (to make up for it) and i lost weight consistently.