I really should say hi

Options
Hi all

Now I've found the forums, I ought to say hello. I'm Richard in the UK and I'm dieting for health reasons. Early 40s but I got told I had an extremely high cholesterol reading and the doctor said to lose it by diet rather than drugs. I did but bounced and then had some minor angyna (it really hurt, by the way, you can't mistake it for indigestion!) so I'm having to do it all over again.

I started at 215 but have nearly reached my target of 168-ish which will just put me comfortably in the middle of the healthy BMI range then I 'just' have to maintain it. Going to the gym has obviously strengthened my heart with no more twinges so all seems to be going well at the moment.

Any friend requests will be gladly accepted!

Have fun!

Replies

• IrishEyes68
    IrishEyes68 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats!
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Way to go Richard!!!
  • Sheila62
    Sheila62 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Richard and welcome to MFP, I too was told by my doc that I had high cholesterol and had to change my diet, well I have with the help of this site and am doing really well, goin for another cholesterol check shortly so hopefully it will be down, anyway good luck on your journey, your welcome to add me as a friend
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Hi richard and welcome to the forum, I started a mens group and we pool our knowledge for diet and exercise to help eachother out feel free to add me as a friend or take a moment to read my blog. We always can use more members.