Measurements

Options
Okay, I have been on here for a while and people are always saying they lost a total of X amount of inches. What exactly are they figuring in.

I've been keeping track of Chest (3 lost), waste (4 lost), hips (4 lost) and thighs (2 each). what else do I need to figure in?

Replies

• Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have been on here for a while and people are always saying they lost a total of X amount of inches. What exactly are they figuring in.

I've been keeping track of Chest (3 lost), waste (4 lost), hips (4 lost) and thighs (2 each). what else do I need to figure in?
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I would add in your neck and upper arm measurements. :flowerforyou:
  • pinkpixies
    Options

waist. :wink:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    arms and legs too... they mean something and you will be suprized at the change.... WAY to go.. keep up the good work:flowerforyou:
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Miss Anna Banana

(love you screen name-makes me smile everytime I see it)

I think you should keep track of the measurements that work for you or the ones that you are concerned about.

I keep track of those meausrements in addition to one I named as "low hip" because I am pear shaped. My hip measurement (measuring 7 inches below the waist) is always several inches smaller, than if I measure what I call my low hip (standing legs together, measuring just below the bum.). I know I am losing weight when the gap between these measurements get closer.

But what you measure is a personal choice. Like I don't keep measurements of my chest, because I do not gain weight there, ever :grumble:
  • Fab140
    Options
    Miss Anna Banana

(love you screen name-makes me smile everytime I see it)

I think you should keep track of the measurements that work for you or the ones that you are concerned about.

I keep track of those meausrements in addition to one I named as "low hip" because I am pear shaped. My hip measurement (measuring 7 inches below the waist) is always several inches smaller, than if I measure what I call my low hip (standing legs together, measuring just below the bum.). I know I am losing weight when the gap between these measurements get closer.

But what you measure is a personal choice. Like I don't keep measurements of my chest, because I do not gain weight there, ever :grumble:

Pear here too......I measure around my hip bones and also around the bum.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I've had the same measurements for about a year!!!:grumble: :grumble: I want to drop three inches in my waist and it is not happening. Is this from genes you think or do I need to cut something out of my diet or add something to my exercise
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    I've had the same measurements for about a year!!!:grumble: :grumble: I want to drop three inches in my waist and it is not happening. Is this from genes you think or do I need to cut something out of my diet or add something to my exercise

how many inches is it now?
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Waist is 32.5
  • Anna_Banana
    Options

My Bad. I get too many things on my mind and the spelling goes out the window.

I'm funny shaped right now. My measurement around my "love handles" is the same as across the top of my hip bones (over my lower belly jiggle thing) which is the same as my lower hips across my widest part of my butt (under my belly flab). I don't look too bad in clothes but a little funny naked.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I would add in your neck and upper arm measurements. :flowerforyou:

Oooh never thought about doing my neck, but I know that I am losing fat there...I can see some definition in my neck and can feel my collar bones...will have to start doing that!

I measure (rather, I have my mom measure) my bust, upper arms, waist, hips, thighs, and calves. And starting on Sunday, my neck lol.
  • Fab140
    Options

My Bad. I get too many things on my mind and the spelling goes out the window.

I'm funny shaped right now. My measurement around my "love handles" is the same as across the top of my hip bones (over my lower belly jiggle thing) which is the same as my lower hips across my widest part of my butt (under my belly flab). I don't look too bad in clothes but a little funny naked.

Yea.....jeans tend to hold in my tummy and forgive my large thighs.....naked, though, is my fav thing to be. lol
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Yeah I never thought about my neck or calves (I don't have a lot of fat on them).
  • Fab140
    Options
    My neck and calves are the only skinny parts on me, but I want to see the progression of muscle, so that would be a good idea.....:tongue:
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I always forget to measure myself!! Okay-Tomorrow morning, I'm pulling out the measuring tape!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options

I usually include how many IQ points I've lost as well! :drinker:
  • Fab140
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options

lol:laugh: :laugh: what kind of tape measure do I use for that?