Lights Out Fatty

Options
Hi fellow Fatties,

My friend is well over 475lbs and he has gotten so big, he has to weigh himself on a animal scale. He is also afraid to look in the mirror and dresses in the dark. If he just looked at his naked body everyday in the mirror, this would of never happened.

I personally don't like looking very long myself...lol. It's like someone click on a fatty timer in my head and I only have 2 minutes to check out myself before I start panicking and wondering how did I get here. I was starting to get sick and was looking like a bullfrog in shorts, that's when I started to wake up.

Why do fat folks in general dress in the dark and avoid mirrors? If your a fat vampire then I can understand and I don't mean to offend you. But for alll the other fatties, just really look at your entire naked body and it will scare the crap out of you into losing weight. Removing all the mirrors from you house wont make the blubber go away. If you don't look at your body then you will never get motivated to act.

Sometimes it feels like a fat Santa suit that I just want to zipper off, but that's not true...lol If only I could suck out the fat with a shop vac, but that can never happen either...lol.

Moral of the story;

The only way to stop the nibble is to jump around and watch it jiggle.

Deep Thoughts By

~ Joseph

Replies

• believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Hey hey now.. we're not all fatties :tongue:
    Does your friend know you're talking about him here? lol. :laugh:

Edit: though I agree about the shop vac... if only!!! :D
  • VanillaSky72
    VanillaSky72 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, believetoachieve

I didn't mention any names. He is a hard and stubborn person and he needs help.

Thanks for the grammar check...lol.
  • bullmastifflover
    bullmastifflover Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    grammar
  • believetoachieve
    Options
    Hi, believetoachieve

I didn't mention any names. He is a hard and stubborn person and he needs help.

Thanks for the grammer check...lol.

Lol, I didn't correct your grammar though!.... :laugh:
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize I was avoiding mirrors UNTIL the first time I ever saw myself naked. It was by accident I assure you. I was in my bedroom getting into a swimsuit and I stumbled which caused me to look up, I did not see my reflection head on, what I saw was the reflection from the mirror behind me (obviously, I have mirrors facing each other in my bedroom). My first thought was "what is my sister doing here, and why the heck is she naked?". It literally took me a few seconds to realize that was my fat behind not my sister's. I cried and cried. I spent almost all of my life healthy and looking it. I had no idea how far gone everything was. I knew about the pounds, but I didn't realize how far gone my figure was. And you are so so right, if I had looked, I would never have let it happen. I force myself to look all the time now, at the not so old pics from the beach (summer of 2007) and now. My fat sister says her prayer for me is to accept being big. That's some love there, huh?
  • ThePartyGoblin
    Options
    My Fattie moment was shopping with my boyfriend and he was gently suggesting "How about the sugar free one?" or "How about the lite one?" He wasn't doing it to be mean, he's just genuinely concerned for me.
    And that was it. I decided "Why yes, I WILL get the low cal version!" and 15 lbs later, I can look at myself in the mirror after a shower and not pick out a trillion things I want to change.
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options

THAN I GUESS HE IS NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU!! HOWEVER HE IS TALKING TO ME. I THINK WE ALL KNOW WHAT WE DID TO OUR SELF AND BELIVE WE DON'T HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE IT. THE WAKE UP CALL FOR ME WAS WHEN I SAW A PIC OF MYSELF. NOW I DONOT LET MY PIC BE TAKEN SO IT WAS A NECK DOWN PIC AND I SAW IT 3 WEEK LATER. NOW I KNOW IT WAS ME BUT DOD NOT WANT BELIVE IT. BUT HERE I AM 31 LBS DOWN. I HAD A GUY I DID NOT KNOW COME UP TO ME TODAY AT THE GYM AND TELL ME HE LOST A BET THAT I WOULD STAY IN THE GYM FOR 1 MONTH. HE WAS THERE MY FIRST DAY THERE AND SAID THAT I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO MAKE THE GYM A HOME.

I GUESS WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THERE PIC TAKEN AND SHOWEN IT 3 WEEKS LATER AND IF THAT DON'T KICK START YOU NOTHING WILL
  • cris12
    cris12 Posts: 90
    Options
    this is too much of a generalization. I understand, but some people's realization that they're fat only makes them eat more and stress more. The fact that they've gotten to the point that they've gotten is depressing, and I rather know someone fat and happy than fat and depressed. It depends on the person, but if turning the lights off makes them stress over it less, then by all means...
  • tmyers541
    tmyers541 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've started standing in front of the mirror after my showers to give myself a pep talk. Point out what I want to work on, give myself mental thumbs up for whats improved, etc. :D
  • believetoachieve
    Options

THAN I GUESS HE IS NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU!! HOWEVER HE IS TALKING TO ME.

Just so you know, typing all in caps is considered yelling, so SHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Lol, less caps-lock, pleeease!! :tongue:

Ps, putting yourself down doesnt help your self esteem!! Don't think of yourself as a fattie, just a work-in-progress :)
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    I'm actually starting to not be afraid of "naked in front of the mirror", I'm enjoying seeing me get smaller!!
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Please remember this~~~you are loved! Just keep loving yourself every single day ~~~enough to be looking at a healthier image when you look in the mirror. You're a winner so stay with the program and you will succeed in reaching that healthy ultimate goal. :)
  • Manda1987
    Manda1987 Posts: 207
    Options
    I weigh 244 lbs, size 18. I don't dress in the dark. I don't avoid mirrors. I also love my body, despite wanting it to be smaller in some (okay, all) places. I have sex with the lights on. We're not all overweight because we keep ourselves in the dark. For some of us, it's because of a weird medication. For others, it's because they were raised to think it was okay. For yet others, it's because they choose it.

I really hate this self-perpetuated notion that 'fat-shaming' is okay. It's equally offensive to me when an overweight person does it to others. In order to make the changes we want to, we should be loving ourselves every step of the way.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I never really had a fatty moment as I have never been in denial and have always known I was FAT! My click moment was when I found out this past Thanksgiving that my recent Ex, and I mean one month recent, already had a girlfriend that he is planning on marrying. I felt that I didn't want to be left behind OR left out, as in why should he have all the fun and because MOST men are so shallow, losing weight is pretty much the only way I will attract a guy in the future. BUT, as time marches on and I am losing more weight, I have come to a realization that this journey is my own and for ME and my kids to become healthier and feel better about myself. I don't care what anyone else thinks I just want to start living and not just exsisting, I have let myself go for far too long and somehow it all made sense that the time was NOW! I'm not getting any younger and I want to do this for me, it's my turn! In the past couple of days I have said how i am amazed that I have come this far and I am proud of myself. My clothes are getting loser and some clothes that used to be tight are now fitting, an exciting moment for me. So no, never really a true fat moment, have just always known and FINALY made a decision to make a change once and for all. I'm getting too old to be playing the weight roulette game and my body is tired of being overweight. 108 pounds to go and I will succeed and I will keep telling myself that everyday!
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Yep, it is easy to deceive ourselves. My thing was when I saw a photo of myself at a birthday party... yeah... change is needed NOW. Im way heavier than i was even last year.
  • VanillaSky72
    VanillaSky72 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the post so far. Everyone has there own story. But the main thing is that we don't quit and keep looking for new answers and ways to fight this toxic, preservative, msg-food we now eat.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that I take great offense to the term "fatty." I'd prefer to be called a "chub-a-dub!"

In all seriousness though, thanks for the post. This applies to me as well -- I hate seeing myself in full length mirrors, with or without clothes, and have been known to destroy all photographic evidence any chance I get!
  • believetoachieve
    Options
    I felt that I didn't want to be left behind OR left out, as in why should he have all the fun and because MOST men are so shallow, losing weight is pretty much the only way I will attract a guy in the future.

No way! You do NOT have to be skinny to get a guy!!! That's sooo ridiculous and wrong! :frown: You can be the skinniest girl in the world, but if your personality is lacking, you'll end up a one night stand and not a girlfriend. Now, there's nothing wrong with that, but my point merely - you don't have to be skinny to get a guy! Any good guy won't care if you've got a couple extra hanging around!
  • tmyers541
    tmyers541 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I felt that I didn't want to be left behind OR left out, as in why should he have all the fun and because MOST men are so shallow, losing weight is pretty much the only way I will attract a guy in the future.

No way! You do NOT have to be skinny to get a guy!!! That's sooo ridiculous and wrong! :frown: You can be the skinniest girl in the world, but if your personality is lacking, you'll end up a one night stand and not a girlfriend. Now, there's nothing wrong with that, but my point merely - you don't have to be skinny to get a guy! Any good guy won't care if you've got a couple extra hanging around!

For a while I thought the way she did, until last year when I met the most amazing guy. So amazing in fact he just scrubbed all my hardwood floors by hand because I broke the mop.. but he's extremely supportive of me eating better and working out. It really helps.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

For a while I thought the way she did, until last year when I met the most amazing guy. So amazing in fact he just scrubbed all my hardwood floors by hand because I broke the mop.. but he's extremely supportive of me eating better and working out. It really helps.

Im the same way! I just met the most wonderful guy. Hes so great its HIS birthday and he got ME a diamond! He helps me with the house and the kids. Shows me every chance he gets how much he loves me. :)