Exercise and increased hunger?

Options
So I have kicked up the exercise routine a notch. But I am noticing I have the munchies after a workout. Is this normal? All I have done since I got home from my workout this afternoon is pace and want to eat. Which I really do feel hungry. But I don't want to eat too many calories and go over for the day.

Replies

• terrijean04
    terrijean04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    eat some protien fast!!! before you go on a bender!!!! good luck it's normal
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I came home and had some lunch. I had 4 ounces of chicken breast and a package of Green Giant Healthy Weight Veggies. But I still feel starving.

I am thinking of getting some protein powder to have on hand.
  • Janetlvb
    Janetlvb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't know about normal but I can say that the same thing happened to me. However, as I continued to get in better condition the hunger subsided and in fact now exercising seems to help suppress my appetite. P.S. When I did have the munchies I loaded up on raw veggies- not normally my favorite but it was the only safe way to eat as much as I wanted.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Little monkeys are the hungriest monkeys of all.
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    eat some protien fast!!! before you go on a bender!!!! good luck it's normal

YES! Get some protein. It will help your muscles too!
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    Options
    Little monkeys are the hungriest monkeys of all.

LOL The name is because I have three kids (7, 5 and 2 1/2). They are always climbing on or getting into something.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    So I have kicked up the exercise routine a notch. But I am noticing I have the munchies after a workout. Is this normal? All I have done since I got home from my workout this afternoon is pace and want to eat. Which I really do feel hungry. But I don't want to eat too many calories and go over for the day.

Completely normal. After a workout you should eat.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    Options
    I don't know about normal but I can say that the same thing happened to me. However, as I continued to get in better condition the hunger subsided and in fact now exercising seems to help suppress my appetite. P.S. When I did have the munchies I loaded up on raw veggies- not normally my favorite but it was the only safe way to eat as much as I wanted.

Thats what I was hoping. I was thinking the exercise increase would suppress my eating. Instead it has increased it.
  • bbisson
    bbisson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So glad I saw your post! I was just writing the same complaint to my sister.

We just joined this site about 10 days ago. This week I've attended some great kickboxing classes, but I'm finding that I'm hungry all the time.

I'll try adding more protein, I hope that helps. My brain tells me I want carbs but I know that's NOT what my body needs.:smile: