Mc Donalds new oatmeal- Yay or Nay?

Options
Has anyone had a chance to try the new Mc Donalds oatmeal? Let me know what you think!

Replies

• vballer21
    vballer21 Posts: 37
    Options
    There's a lot of sugar in it....and 11 chemicals? Idk lol I don't trust anything from mcdonalds! read this article...

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/22/how-to-make-oatmeal-wrong/
  • WanabeHotMama
    WanabeHotMama Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of sugar in it....and 11 chemicals? Idk lol I don't trust anything from mcdonalds! read this article...

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/22/how-to-make-oatmeal-wrong/

I had no idea! Thank you for sharing! I haven't eaten there in a long time but the commercial made it look really good! I think I'll just stick to making it at home :)
  • Julesjhj
    Julesjhj Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    NAY!!!!

contains more sugar than a Snickers bar and only 10 fewer calories than a McDonald's cheeseburger or Egg McMuffin," New York Times food writer and author Mark Bittman said. "Even without the brown sugar, it has more calories than a McDonald's hamburger."

When it comes down to it, McDonald's oatmeal turns out to be a "bowl full of weight gain" instead. Have you been fooled by its false advertising?
  • StPattysGrl
    Options
    My opinion is that if you're on the road (travelling or what-have-you) and you're looking for something low cal and don't have any other options.... it's not a horrible choice. I've had it and it tasted good. But it just tasted like the instant oatmeal I can eat at home.
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    search this TOPIC: More sugar McD's Fruit & Maple Oatmeal or Snickers?
    Someone posted it earlier
  • vballer21
    vballer21 Posts: 37
    Options
    No problem! Definitely stick to making it at home:)
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I HATE McD. Really do. But after they came out with their oatmeal, I decided, what the heck, let me give their *healthy* side a try. Not tasty at all. I much prefer Starbucks' oatmeal with dried fruit.
  • WanabeHotMama
    WanabeHotMama Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    So glad I asked first! Going to the store tomorrow to make my own! ;)
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I had thought about trying it, but decided to look up nutrition first, decided that the instant pouches from quaker are a whole lot better, even though they are higher than I want, but it's the convenience... At home, I prefer to make with the regular quaker and add my own - sounds good for breakfast tomorrow - some homemade with a touch of brown sugar and some fresh fruit. :love:
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    Options
    I love it! However, I don't have the brown sugar. Keep in mind it is still inevitably fast food....but if you are in a rush and you need to eat something it is definitely something yummy and still within reason.
  • JJMS
    JJMS Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I also like it, however it is not on my daily menu but if I am in a rush or on the road needing breakfast that would be my choice! :)
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Nay! Have you read the ingredients and nutritional information on that stuff?:frown:

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutrition1/itemDetailInfo.do?itemID=1500

It has tons of carbs and fillers....modified food starch, preservatives, etc. Making your own at home and taking it with you is better. To many ingredients in it that I can't pronounce. If I can't pronounce it, I don't eat it.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Yikes oatmeal should have 21 ingredients and AS MUCH SUGAR AS A SNICKERS BAR.

my old roommate used to put oats & hot from the tap in a bowl and stuck it in the microwave before she went to bed. She'd hit the power button in the morning to heat it up. That's not even resorting to "instant" oatmeal... Much quicker than standing on line at McD's... not to mention cheaper and healthier.