5 cloves garlic, crushed
1tsp curry powder (I used medium)
1tsp garam masala
1tsp ground cumin
1 cup uncooked quinoa, well rinsed
1 cup stock (I used chicken stock)
1 cup reduced fat coconut milk
1 cup brocolli

Brown the chicken in the pan with the oil.
Add the onion and garlic and fry until soft but not brown
Stir in the spices
Add the quinoa and the liquids and bring to the boil
Add in the brocolli, cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.

(This last bit was trial and error with me... I kept tasting it and stopped cooking when I thought the quinoa was done... Even had to add a bit more liquid as I felt it wasn't cooked enough!!)

I've worked out the calorie content by putting it all into the recipe thing on here and the calorie content for the whole dish is 1320kcal (I think it serves 2 , possibly 3 but you can decide for yourselves and divide accordingly).

I served mine with a side of Sharwoods Saag Aloo....

Replies

• mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    easily 3 serves there. for me anyway.

sounds freaking awesome, so i'm gunna try it...i'll post results!!!

thanks for this one!!
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    yeah I think 3 really as looking in the pot there was another serving left over!

Hope you enjoy it!
  • SharonDelorey
    Options
    Bump! I wanna try this. Thanks for posting
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yummy, I love curry. I throw together curry often but never follow recipes. I'm going to try coconut milk in it next time since I got some to try. I put peeled carrot strips(using peeler I just shave it into it) or cut very thin in mine and sometimes broccoli because my 7 year old loves it.

She doesn't however love quinoa :( last time I made what I had left of quinoa and it wasn't enough for us so I dumped it in the curry and started making rice. I should have just had it with mine and let them wait on rice. Ended up having to rinse her chicken off because she wouldn't eat it with the quinoa on it otherwise I know she really likes curry chicken.

I feel like I use soooo much curry. LOL 1 tsp would not be enough for me.
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Melissa - guess you can always add more or less of the spices to taste!

Quinoa is a weird texture... I wasn't sure about it when I first had it but I enjoyed it in that curry! Not sure if I'd like it on it's own tbh...
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    You are going after my heart

I might have to change my dinner plans and have this tonite, Thank you!!:love:
  • Iris0022
    Iris0022 Posts: 54
    Options
    Looks like a great recipe!
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a winner to me. I have everything already so definitely going to try it this coming week.