Self Sabotage

Options
Hi, I just joined exactly one month ago. You have all been supportive and inspiring. I was doing great and lost 4 lbs my first week. The second week I didn't lose any weight and by the third week I was too freaked out to weigh myself I knew I wasn't doing very good even though I stick to the exercise 5-6 days a week. . . I eat way too much. Here I am back again, back to logging in, back to reporting my food and exercise and that feels good but I feel so ashamed inside, like ."can't I do anything right" why can't I care enough about myself to get healthy, I'm in so much physical and mental pain about this I just saw someone I know at whole foods, I purposely walked away so she wouldn't see me. I can't tell you how often I do that. I'm so ashamed of what I look like. Ugh. Just had to say this outloud. Thanks for being here.

Replies

• kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    You are doing something right by exercising and logging your food. Eating healthy quantities takes time to learn and it is a lifestyle. As you take one step at a time you will see that you can do it. None of us gained our weight in a week and we can't lose it that fast either. Keep ticking along and we will all be there to provide support. You can do this and will realize you are stronger than you feel.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    it is a hard thing to deal with, weight loss..this is my 1st time REALLY putting effort into it, and sometimes i really want to give up and accept my body, even tho i'm not a fan of what it looks like..anyhow, please feel free to add me if you need more support..best of luck to you :D
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    self-awareness is the key to any success.

Kudos!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    You are doing something right,by logging and exercise.It`s a life change that doesn`t happen over night.Be patient with your self.You can do it!!one day at a time!!Just don`t quit.
  • mindyt8
    mindyt8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't let one moment (or a whole lot of moments) of weakness be an excuse to stop trying. Fall with grace and rise with dignity. You are here and you are logging and your are trying. Keep up the good work!

Dum spiro, spero,
  • wiglitt
    wiglitt Posts: 22
    Options
    Large or Small.........It does not matter at all if you don't love yourself!
    Keep your head up and keep going.
    If you mess up and slide back every now and then, it's ok...... Just get back up and keep going.
    None of us are perfect.
    You can do it......
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hang in there...we have all had to fight the battle. I love and appreciate your honesty.
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Maybe your allotted calories may not be enough if you aren't satisfied. I don't always stay under my calories, but I do stay close to them. This is a lifetime commitment to health and fitness, I am not holding myself to a set amount of weight lost per week. I'll get there.

Start each day anew. Rededicate yourself each morning. Keep at it.

1horsetown
  • countrymom75
    countrymom75 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have felt like that too. Especially when I am shoveling in food without breathing cause it tastes so darn good. Then I feel bad afterwards. Thinking why did I do that? I want to be thinner and wear cute clothes, CAN'T DO THAT IF I DON'T START TAKING CARE OF MYSELF, I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN DO IT FOR ME. So take one day at a time, if you have a bad day forget about it because tomorrow will be here before you know it and you get to try again. It gets over whelming if you look at the big picture sometimes. You're not alone, there are others out there going through the same thing you are. Just keep looking up, He will get you through.
  • satgsang1
    satgsang1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone.