confusion

Options
So I've only been at this for 5 days and my scale says I've lost 2lbs already...is that even possible or could there be a glitch with my scale??

Replies

• blondie_0506
    Options
    It's definitely possible! I lost 2-3 pounds the first week :)
  • aecryan
    aecryan Posts: 89
    Options
    yeah, I lost 2 lbs in 4 days... and I am drinking lots of water and eating my calories.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    definitely possible :) Enjoy
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Its not all fat, probably a lot of it is water. Your body isnt retaining as much water due to increase in water intake and lower sodium. Some of it is fat! Keep up the great work :D
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    yeah, the first week is usually a good week, because you are shocking your system. The second week usually low because your body is trying to figure out what happened the week before and will slow down a little bit. I lost 12 lbs my first week, second week lost a little over 4, now I am averaging about 5 lbs a week. I have alot to lose though and am being monitored by a dr.
  • jazzhottie
    Options
    Its totally possible! I lost five lbs a week for the first three weeks I used MFP.

Good luck on your journey! Keep up the good work. :-)
  • bdeliab
    bdeliab Posts: 25
    Options
    It is deffinately possible. I am on a medically supervised diet and I get weighed every other day. I lost 7 pounds on my first two days.
  • bdeliab
    bdeliab Posts: 25
    Options
    Congratulations and celebrate your successes.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Definitely possible. It's the water weight that you are flushing out.

My first week I lost about 4 or 5 pounds. Completely normal.

Now I lose about a pound or so a week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!