Baked Fish and Chips

Options
albragg
albragg Posts: 55
Hey! I made this for myself tonight. Incredibly filling and yummy.

Fish
4 oz tilapia (I used Trader Joes frozen filets)
2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
1 egg white
1/8 cup flour
salt and pepper

Fries
1 medium-large russet potato
garlic salt
italian seasoning
chili powder
pepper

If fish is frozen, thaw. Cut into small pieces, about 1.5 by 2 inches. Sprinkle flour on each side of fish. Dip fish into egg white. Dip fish into panko crumbs, make sure each side is thoroughly coated. I used one shallow bowl for the egg, and another for the bread crumbs. Place onto a baking sheet either lined with parchment paper or sprayed with a little Pam.

Cut raw potato into strips. Season to taste. I like a combination of garlic salt, italian seasoning, chili powder, and black pepper. Place fries next to fish on baking sheet.

Bake at 375-400 for about 30-35 minutes, or until fish is white and flaky and fries are cooked through. I kind of guessed on the time.

When calculated on MFP it came out to 550 calories for the entire, very filling meal. Honestly, most of you will probably eat half of it, as it does make alot. I was feeling especially hungry tonight. :)

Replies

• susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sounds lovely .
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    That sounds YUM!

Although, tonight I had some of the trader joes frozen tilapia filets and they were so fishy! I was so upset. I think they were kind of old =\ I threw them out and made something else.
  • Taras630
    Taras630 Posts: 85
    Options
    bump
  • albragg
    Options
    That sounds YUM!

Although, tonight I had some of the trader joes frozen tilapia filets and they were so fishy! I was so upset. I think they were kind of old =\ I threw them out and made something else.

Really? Oh that's awful! The ones I had were very good and mild. I supposed you could substitute the tilapia for cod or halibut too.
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy, am gonna have to try this!

Thanx for sharing!
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Tried this tonight and it was really good! I made enough for the whole family and it was a win!
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!
  • albragg
    Options
    Tried this tonight and it was really good! I made enough for the whole family and it was a win!

WHOOO! Thats so good to hear, thank you! I am just a poor little college student making up my own recipes... it's a great compliment to hear that you and your family liked it :)
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I love this and I will try it tonight :)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    bumping for later. sounds good!
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this recipe - I made it tonight - GREAT! So tasty and flavorful!!!
    Just one small "note to self". I put it through an ingredient calculator and came up with 631 calories but I used cod - don't know if that made a difference or not . It's not a huge difference and I absolutely enjoyed every bite! Yeah I was hungry too. Just thought you'd like to know. :wink:
    I use Spark Recipes - great site to find recipes and calculate ingredients.
  • albragg
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this recipe - I made it tonight - GREAT! So tasty and flavorful!!!
    Just one small "note to self". I put it through an ingredient calculator and came up with 631 calories but I used cod - don't know if that made a difference or not . It's not a huge difference and I absolutely enjoyed every bite! Yeah I was hungry too. Just thought you'd like to know. :wink:
    I use Spark Recipes - great site to find recipes and calculate ingredients.

Oh okay, thank you! I used MFP to calculate the calories. Funny how different websites give different numbers :) So glad you liked it!
  • SHERRIE134
    SHERRIE134 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I was looking for a different way to cook fish..