best way to get fit at home?

Options
Any good workouts for home? Special way to do abs? glutes? legs? etc. Thanks!

Replies

• jeromy75
    jeromy75 Posts: 112
    Options
    Leslie Sansone DVD's are great. Billy Blanks Tae-Bo is great too.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have lost more weight in one month doing Power90 every morning in my living room then I did in three months of going to the gym everyday. Alternating a day of cardio and then a day of strength training has worked so well for me.
    ~Share
  • nurse_chris
    nurse_chris Posts: 189
    Options
    if you keep your eyes open at Wal-Mart you can find dvd's on sale/cheap. They may be crappy compared to some of the big production workouts, but they can start you on the right track and help you realize what you like i.e. yoga, tae-bo, etc etc
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    On Demand (here it is through Comcast Cable) has tons of exercise videos. I also have an exercise ball (great for crunches and push ups), exercise bands and free weights. Together I can always get a good workout!
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    On Demand (here it is through Comcast Cable) has tons of exercise videos. I also have an exercise ball (great for crunches and push ups), exercise bands and free weights. Together I can always get a good workout!

On Demand has a ton of free videos and they range in intensity
  • jeromy75
    jeromy75 Posts: 112
    Options

Absolutely! I love Exercise TV on Comcast On Demand. Good call.
  • katie1680
    Options
    Thank everyone! I'm looking into the Billy Banks Tae Bo VHS's on Amazon.
  • ahappyapple
    ahappyapple Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love my workout dvds and my spinning bike!!!
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    exercisetv.com has a bunch of free videos and lets you customize your workouts for the week.
  • IronGray
    IronGray Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm all about the Jillian Michaels DVD's. I'm doing 30 day shred and 6 week 6 pack 5 days a week. My stomach has improved a lot since the beginning of last month (I can feel abs! Now just to blast away that fat covering them!) and my endurance is so much better then it was.
    So that's what I recommend
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Lost 50 lbs with Leslie Sansone DVD's. Alternating now between Leslie S., Jillian's 30 day shred and Biggest Loser Cardio Max.
  • biggerpix
    biggerpix Posts: 96
    Options
    I got a golds gym mini trampoline at Walmart. When I don't get to the gym I bounce on that pretty intensely. My legs have never looked better and I lost so many inches on my hips and thighs I've had to get smaller jeans 3 times now. As far as abs...I hate those, but that's my next area to conquer.
  • Zinna
    Zinna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    if you already use netflix, it also has some workout videos. Otherwise, if you want to get your body ready to start working out, just turn on the tv, or put a movie in and walk/march in place. Also throw some arm movements in once in a while.
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper has some excellent workout challenges on youtube.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you like...there is a workout on dvd for every taste etc. I loved the Firm dvd's...I have one called the fat blaster I think but there are four workouts ...about 45 min each on one dvd...the do a ton of 4-count lunges though and my knees were suffereing.....so I switched to Tae Bo which is better for my knees and fun ...for me...but I don't love super dancing dvd's...my friend loves th dancey ones and hate Tae Bo because you do an 8 count the whole darn thing..I like the 8 count...a great home video is one that you will do over and over because you enjoy it......Look at workout videos on amazon.com and read reviews......I do a lot of research that way and have found some good things to try and have found some things to steer clear of by reading those..one lady loved a dvd because of the fun complex dance choreography...knew it wouldn't be for me....