Easter is coming

Options
jllipson
jllipson Posts: 646
So, I've seen some cute toys for my girls lately - usually buy and give to them right away, but was alone last night and found some cute Princess walkie talkies - I know they will love. Convinced myself not to buy them, as there was nothing coming up. In same store came across easter stuff, then it hit me. The Easter bunny needs to give healthier treats to them this year, so I need to do my part to help out. So, got the walkie talkies. Today, found some Barbie clothes, managed to keep them from seeing them. Another help for Easter bunny.

So, now I'm thinking what else to add to basket. They will get some candy, but I'm thinking, spend a little more to have a lot less. So, their normal chocolate bunny, then do a couple pre-packed in egg items, like M&Ms and Skittles. Plus a couple snack items, like the 100 calorie pack Oreos (which they like). Fruit maybe...

Any other ideas!?!?!?!:wink:

Replies

• crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    we usually wrap some quarters or dollar bills in eggs too.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'll be giving my kids healthy snacks (in addition to toys) like Revolution Foods Mashups, Grammy Sammy and Jammy Sammy, Annie's Homegrown fruit snacks, Cheddar Bunnies and and Bunny Grahams, which can all be found at Toys R Us and Babies R Us, and at health food stores. They're yummy and organic, my kids love them!
  • dawnelaine96
    dawnelaine96 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    All I can say is, thank goodness my son is grown now and I don't have to bother with Easter baskets anymore.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Stickers!! As a kid, my mom would make the most amazing easter baskets for me and my sister. (To this day, I still get treats, and I'm 22!!) :bigsmile: :heart:

I remember getting all sorts of cool stuff, like stickers, and fancy crayola markers (you know, with the stampers or "invisible pen"). Also stuff like hair accessories, small clothing pieces, etc!! :flowerforyou:
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. Now, to get out and find some things to make it special for them without a ton of candy!