Options
Hi All! I actually checked out this site last summer when I discovered the app on my phone ... I haven't used the site, though, and have finally decided to give it a try. I've been struggling with my weight for years. I have been attempting to lose the same 20 or so pounds for what feels like forever! I'm always hopeful that I will get this weight off. I have a healthy diet, and I workout regularly. Over the past couple of years, I've been trying to mix it up a bit. Running has always been my activity of choice, but I've added in strength training, and most recently, I've been working out to Jillian's 30-Day Shred (level 3), as well as running as often as I can. I'm looking for the magic formula that will work for my body. I think I probably still have to include more cardio than I am currently doing, because the scale isn't moving. I am really frustrated, because it just seems so hard even though I feel like I'm doing everything right.

That said, I have never really been one to keep track of my food, so I'm starting today! I'm hoping it will be the answer for me. If anything, I feel I probably don't eat enough! In the summer, I did track my food for a couple of days, but I noticed that when I included my exercise, I was given more calories ... this seems wrong to me ... but maybe that's my problem (?)

Any advice people can share would be really appreciated. I'll check out this site a little more, too, as I'm sure much has probably already been written about what works ...

I look forward to getting to know all of you out there!

Replies

• nkaplosinit
    nkaplosinit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I just finished my first week on here: lost 3lbs and 4 inches on my waist. Because I am new, I do not have any advice for you, I am still learning about making healthy habits. However, I can tell you that this site is awesome!! Great motivation and everyone is so nice! You can add me as a friend if you want and we can help support each other! You can do this!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Using the iPhone App to monitor what I eat has helped me.

There has been tons written about this "calories gained after exercising". Basically to ensure that you calorie intake isn't too low you should eat those extra calories (what a great reason for exercising :smile: ).

Have a look around the forums and you will see plenty of topics about "starvation mode".
  • teacherdeb
    teacherdeb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much Tango 198 - I definitely have to spend some more time on the site. I think logging what I eat is going to help, too. Wow nKap - lost inches after only a week - way to go - that's very impressive! I haven't taken my measurements in a while, so I better do that too :-)
  • teacherdeb
    teacherdeb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OK - what's the matter with me - I can't figure out how to make a friend request ...