Need to find the motivation to stay on track

Options
I often feel like I am fighting a losing battle but today my husband told me (in a very gentle loving way) that if I kept it up and kept gaining weight I wouldn't have to battle anymore and that he would lose me as would me daughter and grandchildren. I have to face the fact that I am going to lose my dad one day soon due to his age and it hurts so bad. Then I think about what it would do to my daughter if she had to face losing her mom way too early because her mom couldn't get her act together and lose weight.

Replies

• rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    It really sounds like you already have the motivation, you just have to keep it in mind. I'm sure it gets hard to think about your own health with your father ailing, but it sounds like your husband found a sweet and gentle way to tell you he loves you and doesn't want to lose you. Good luck on your journey, and make sure to make at least some of it fun!! Oh and one more thing, enjoy those children and grandchildren!!
  • ThePartyGoblin
    Options
    I found the WORST facebook picture of me ever... I have flab everywhere and it's just not a pretty sight. I made it my wallpaper on my laptop (where I admittedly do most of my snacking) and it has motivated me to get off the computer and get moving!
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Loriel, what you need to know is that you deserve to stay motivated for yourself. You deserve to be healthy for yourself. You deserve to be able to love your husband and be loved by him. You deserve to be able to play with your grandchildren. You need to do this for you, because you can. Really! You do! So every day, you deserve to do something healthy for yourself and for your future. Good luck!
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Your daughter loves you regardless of your size, but we all want you to be around as long as possible. I know that you can do it....this site is an amazing tool. Think of all the things you have said to motivate me, then apply them to yourself because you are just as deserving. And that isn't because I am too lazy to motivate you myself...just meant you have been great for me, why cant you love yourself as much?
    And if it takes some tough love, here it goes: I had to do CPR for 5 minutes on my father-in-law after he went into cardiac arrest from his heart attack; I am still coping with that. I cannot CANNOT go through that with you. I love you...lets do this together.