Fluttering post-exercise PLEASE HELP!

Options
i have these strange heart palpitations that have been going on for a few years now. Before, they seemed kind of random whenever i laid down. However, as i have been exercising, I can feel the palpitations sitting up and when I go to lay down, it's even worse. It usually starts 15-20 min. After my workout. Any ideas about this????

Replies

• habibti
    habibti Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you haven't discussed this with a doctor? I really, really suggest you do, and soon. It might be nothing to worry about, but don't take chances with your heart.
  • marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    HI well... whatever it is from it sounds like a check up and discussing it with your doctor is a very good idea. Because it occurred before with lying down perhaps indicates a possible functional problem perhaps too much pressure or position shift... Now that it occurs after exercising I think a lovely little check up wouldn't hurt and is in order..l Don't panic and just have it checked out... best wishes and keep us posted.
  • kidtechnical
    Options
    A check up with your doctor is the only sound advice that can be given in this situation.
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    Could be PVCs. Get it checked out.
    Not necessarily harmful in themselves (I suffer from them) but best to know what you're dealing with.
    Caffeine and stress can make them worse.
    I also don't get them during exercise, but when I stop.