Women only TOM

lawdhelpme2
lawdhelpme2 Posts: 149
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
I see a lot of people say that they gain weight during their TOM. How many days after do you lose the weight? Is it immediately, two days later, etc?

Replies

• savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    within the first few days AFTER I finish. Seems like forever though
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I typically gain 5-6 lbs, and it peaks about two days before, then starts to go down the first day of. By the end of my cycle, I'm back down to normal.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    I generally start dumping my water weight (can pee for England) about day 5 of my cycle. I can gain up to 7lbs but usually 3-4lb and it is all water weight as I refuse to give into TOTM cravings if I do get them
  • last month I gained 2lb the day my period starts and by the end 4 or 5 days later I am back to normal.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    i gain about 2lbs or maintain and then 2-3 days later its down again
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 526 Member
    I am generally at my "heaviest" (I say that cause it's not real weight!) the day before I start. It does not completely disappear for me until the day I am done! It likes to stick around. LOL

I try not to stress about it...cause I am always smiling at the end when the real weight shows :)
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    I do retain an awful lot of water though. I try and stay away from the scales if I can and give myself about a week after I've finished before I start weighing myself again.

On a related but off topic question: Has anyone (on the pill) noticed spotting since they've started exercising? I'm spotting a few days before I'm getting to my sugar-pill week and I'm just wondering if the fact I'm exercising is throwing my cycle out of balancing. This happened last month as well. I thought I'd mention it here on another TOM thread than start a new one. I hope I haven't stepped on anyone's toes.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    2 or 3 days after it's totally over. I think I usually go up 3 or 4 pounds during the TOM but then I lose all that plus the amount I was supposed to have lost based on my deficit
This discussion has been closed.