Measurements Up Before TOM?

Options
It's a week before TOM is supposed to be here, and ALL of my measurements (including my weight) are up. My measurements are up maybe 1/2 an inch to an inch, and I haven't dropped any of my Thanksgiving weight! Am I doing something wrong, or is this something to do with that time of month making me bloated?

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I always go up 5lbs at least at TOM. Good luck. I try not to weigh or measure that week. It's just too depressing. It's wonderful being a woman huh...
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Uhhhhhh. Not really. lol When I had my Mirena in, I didn't have TOM, so no worries about THAT while I had it, but I had to have it removed because the strings were migrating up my cervix(NOT good)!!!! At least I know exactly when I will get mine because of my patch. :bigsmile: And will know not to measure for two weeks!
  • cindaroses
    Options
    Even when I ovulate all my measurements go up. It sucks, I feel like there are only 2 weeks out of the month when my body feels normal.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Even when I ovulate all my measurements go up. It sucks, I feel like there are only 2 weeks out of the month when my body feels normal.

Same here. Since I ovulated a few days ago, I think that's why mine are up.
  • Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    This was probably posted awhile ago, but I'm a few days out from my TOM. I had a weigh in and measurements taken to update last weeks numbers. I did manage to lose one pound, but no inches (well, a half inch from my arm and a half inch from my chest) and I'm beyond frustrated. I burned over 4,000 calories this week. I wasn't super viligant with my diet, but I would have thought at least 2 - 3 lbs. Is this because of TOM? I also feel so sore! Like, it's a struggle to get out of bed...back is killing me and there is ZERO recovery from my workouts. Booo.
  • Page83
    Page83 Posts: 23
    Options

me too. im guessing TOM is your period. i can go up a good 2kg when im due and i get bloated which doesnt help the waist measurements, luckily it all settles down after a few days.
  • Zsangel
    Zsangel Posts: 202
    Options

Hmm, that might explain why i've been a bit off too :sad: I thought I'd done something wrong this week but you may have just solved it! lol
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You're not doing anything wrong. I always gain weight and inches one to two weeks before TOM..it's just water which will come off in a few days especially with some good workouts and drinking plenty of water...that sounded strange to me, but I took the tip from some other posts that I'd seen and you can definitely flush out the bloating by drinking MORE water. I also don't even bother to weigh in or measure during that time...it can be frustrating although I know what's going on.:huh:
  • Zsangel
    Zsangel Posts: 202
    Options
    Haha thanks! it frustrates me to no end! :explode: Even though It's predictable and happens every month!
    I couldn't seem to figure out why the scale was up and almost gave up, but I've been drinking ridiculous amounts of water (which is not usual for me AT ALL) and it's come back down :bigsmile:
    and Now I'm ready for it and will avoid the scale like the plague next time! lol