TWILIGHT

Options
Hey there,

Has anyone read the Twilight Saga? These books are so addictive!!! I am completely obsessed!!!!!!:love: I am in looooveee with them!!

Replies

• Gina2887
    Options
    Hey there,

Has anyone read the Twilight Saga? These books are so addictive!!! I am completely obsessed!!!!!!:love: I am in looooveee with them!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Yeah, now I'm in the middle of an other series I can't put down.

There is another set you will have to check out that is a little bit steamier by Charolette Harris. They are southern vampire novels and are real page turners. There is about 8 of them so far. I'll go look up the name and get back to you .
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    a couple of the books are Dead as a Doornail, and Dead until Dark

I have heard they are making HBO series out of them, but I'm not for sure on that.
  • melissa73
    Options
    Oh. My 12 yr. old was reading Twilight and finished it like in 2 days. She told me to read it that I would like it.. She was right of course. So we went out and got the whole series and we both have read it.
    We are waiting for the movie to come out. I believe in November. A great series.
    Melissa
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Ohhh ohh ohh...I so need a new book idea...thanks gang! Can't wait to check the library on these!! Suppose if they're that popular they might be out...but worth a shot!:flowerforyou:
  • ShanIsRad
    Options
    a couple of the books are Dead as a Doornail, and Dead until Dark

I have heard they are making HBO series out of them, but I'm not for sure on that.
    Yeah, its called True Blood, its been on for a few weeks now. I love the show, and just bought the first book today.

I read the Twilight series, and I hated it. I feel that the storyline is good, but the books are poorly written, some things are rushed, and other things are dragged out that shouldn't be.
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    I'm kind of behind huh? I don't have TV so I never know what's going on, but I'm half tempted to get it just to watch that show. The books were awesome. I read the first seven in about 2 weeks. They have similarities to the Twilight books, but are more light hearted and are more steamy.
  • Gina2887
    Options
    I definitly love the True Blood show too!! I really want to go buy the Charlaine Harris series now. From the show I can tell they are way more adult then the Twilight saga, which I am totally up for! I'm going to Florida to visit my grandmother in 2 weeks, so I think I'll bring them with me on the plane!! I am curious to see how the books match up against the show.

I'm also curious how the Twilight movie is going to be!!!! For those of you who read the whole series, what did you think about the last book? I'm kind of dissapointed in the ending!!
  • ShanIsRad
    Options
    I definitly love the True Blood show too!! I really want to go buy the Charlaine Harris series now. From the show I can tell they are way more adult then the Twilight saga, which I am totally up for! I'm going to Florida to visit my grandmother in 2 weeks, so I think I'll bring them with me on the plane!! I am curious to see how the books match up against the show.

I'm also curious how the Twilight movie is going to be!!!! For those of you who read the whole series, what did you think about the last book? I'm kind of dissapointed in the ending!!
    The last book annoyed me A LOT. I was disappointed, and I was looking forward to a fight.

The books are very light reads. The show is pretty true to them, the only difference is that the brother plays a bigger role on the show, and the best friend, Tara, is only in the show, not in the books at all.
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    Hey there,

I just started the first book Monday. I am hooked but don't have a lot of time to read them. I like what I have read so far. My girls are dying to read them too, but I usually want to make sure the book is "PG" so I read them first to be sure....:devil:
  • Juliebean
    Options

The last book was the worst of the series. :indifferent: Each of the first 3 books took me 2 days to finish...The last book took about a week and a half. It was so scattered. I felt like there was so much crammed into the final book that it was ridiculous.

I'm still looking forward to seeing the movie in November (especially since the next HP was postponed...) but don't have very high hopes for it... :ohwell:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    See I'm so out of the loop since I don't have TV. I didn't know there was a Twilight move.

tall_t Don't let your kids read the Charolette Harris books. Diffinately not PG. I'm thinking some of them have some pretty stronge R ratings. That's how I read them so fast. I get to the juicy parts and just fly. They are pretty action packed also, never a dull moment for that girl
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    See I'm so out of the loop since I don't have TV. I didn't know there was a Twilight move.

tall_t Don't let your kids read the Charolette Harris books. Diffinately not PG. I'm thinking some of them have some pretty stronge R ratings. That's how I read them so fast. I get to the juicy parts and just fly. They are pretty action packed also, never a dull moment for that girl

thanks for the heads up! I was at the library last night and saw the Twilight Movie poster...First I ever knew there was a movie coming out. I am half way through the book now and I am having a hard time not reading it at work. Wow is it good!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I finally finished the series --- any word if there is going to be more of them??? They just get better and better....

I've had the movie from NetFlix for about 2 weeks - now I want to see it - I didn't want to see it til I was done with all 4 books....