Raw food day week2

Options
Red13
Red13 Posts: 287 Member
For those of you who followed along last week, we are coming to another day of raw eating tomorrow, so go get your fresh produce for tomorrow! Anyone else who wants to join, we are picking a day a week to eat nothing but raw food. I picked Mondays and my first time last week went really well.

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Do you eat raw meat too? Or just stick to the fruits and veggies? Just curious because I don't know about the raw food diet.
    Thanks!
  • jeneil4
    jeneil4 Posts: 13
    Options
    Here is a great RAW website it has tons of information, blogs and recipes if your interested.

http://www.fromsadtoraw.com/index.htm

Enjoy your RAW day
  • Page83
    Page83 Posts: 23
    Options
    i like to do this too usualy after a day of big eating (especialy if its on carbs) just to help cleanse the system, makes you feel much better and just so happens im having a fruit and veg day tomorrow.
  • shawty55
    shawty55 Posts: 11
    Options
    count me in!
  • catfish9
    catfish9 Posts: 138
    Options
    How are you liking it so far?

My gf and I did raw foods for a whole month last summer. I felt great, but it was really challenging. I'm planning on incorporating more raw foods once fresh produce season rolls around again These winter fruits and veggies just aren't the same. :P
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Here is a great RAW website it has tons of information, blogs and recipes if your interested.

http://www.fromsadtoraw.com/index.htm

Enjoy your RAW day

Thanks! I appreciate the information.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    that sounds like a great idea!!! I am going to a raw retreat in Puerto rico in a few weeks and this is a good way to try to acclimate to that!!!
  • Castonguay
    Options
    Meatless Monday is already being pushed by some environmentalist groups including the Sierra Club. Monday is the perfect day to do this. In my experience eating raw is a fantastic way to purge a bad weekend of eating/drinking.
    I highly recommend eating kimchi on your raw day. For those of you who may not be familiar with it, it's fermented cabbage from Korea. Koreans eat it 2-3 times a day and it shows. I find it delicious, but there are Westerners who do not enjoy it. Give it a try and keep up the good work!!!
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Not that anyone asked my opinion, but I'm going to give it anyway lol!

There is the raw food diet and then there is the raw vegan diet and/or cleanse. The raw food diet consists of eating all food groups including animal products whereas 100% raw vegan diets/cleanses consist of nothing but 100 raw foods, and yes it is easy to get all your protein needs even on a raw vegan diet/cleanse.

For a cleanse it is best to eat raw vegan for one to three days, depending on how much crap you've put into your body. And if you are trying to heal your body of certain illness and disease (gastritis, IBS, fibromyalgia, colitis, allergies, asthma, etc) it is highly recommended to cleanse for at least 10 full days.

A raw vegan cleanse obviously does not include raw meat, dairy, eggs, or other animal products. Too it does not include whole cooked grains but rather uncooked foods made from sprouted grains, such as Ezekial breads. Nuts and seeds are usually not recommended on a cleanse as fats do not allow a cleansing action.

There is one caveat to the fat thing, however, and that is this: anyone with unstable blood sugar levels is advised to consume raw avocados and more raw vegetables than fruits, as consuming high quantities of fruit, even on a cleanse, can spike blood sugar levels.

For a deeper cleanse one might consider juicing. Again I strongly suggest dark green juices with small quantities of fruit for flavor and lots of herbal tea supplementation such as chickweed - to cleanse the intestines & bowels, and dandelion, milk thistle, and burdock root - to help cleanse the liver, kidneys, pancreas, bladder and lungs.

For more information about raw vegan diet, cleansing, fasting and juicing, please visit website www.onestopveganhealthshop.com or you can send me a message through myfitnesspal for more information.
  • Page83
    Page83 Posts: 23
    Options
    How are you liking it so far?

My gf and I did raw foods for a whole month last summer. I felt great, but it was really challenging. I'm planning on incorporating more raw foods once fresh produce season rolls around again These winter fruits and veggies just aren't the same. :P

i like it, the longest ive gone is 2 days though lol. i only do fruits and veg though occasionaly i might add some nuts before a workout if im feeling a litle flat AND i do cave to a nice hot cup of tea with milk.
  • Red13
    Options
    Meatless Monday is already being pushed by some environmentalist groups including the Sierra Club. Monday is the perfect day to do this. In my experience eating raw is a fantastic way to purge a bad weekend of eating/drinking.
    I highly recommend eating kimchi on your raw day. For those of you who may not be familiar with it, it's fermented cabbage from Korea. Koreans eat it 2-3 times a day and it shows. I find it delicious, but there are Westerners who do not enjoy it. Give it a try and keep up the good work!!!

I've seen kimchi on Bizarre Foods and recently saw it at the store. I've been wanting to try it but I just with it was over 5 dollars a jar! Maybe I'll give it a shot.
  • Red13
    Options
    Do you eat raw meat too? Or just stick to the fruits and veggies? Just curious because I don't know about the raw food diet.
    Thanks!

Just fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds. It's good to get away from meat for a day and eating raw meat isn't necessarily healthy.
  • revdris
    revdris Posts: 11
    Options
    I have been adding raw foods into my diet for the last 9 months. I would love to join you for a raw day.
  • Castonguay
    Options
    http://narikye.com/nyamnyam/?p=34

My favorite kimchi recipe. For vegans it is possible and still tasty to take out the anchovy sauce and salad shrimp.