1 banana = 1 pear ???

Options
I have just found out that 1 medium pear has the same amnt of calories and carbs as does 1 medium banana....seriously?

Each attempt to do a low carb diet, I have cut out bananas (not a huge fan to begin with) because they seem to be the highest in carbs, but never pears.

Alas, lesson learned.

Stay positive y'all...

Replies

• fishyface
    fishyface Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It makes sense considering how sweet a pear can be. But why cut it out? It's got to be better than eating something else that you don't enjoy.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    when it comes to fruit, your lowest carb options will be in the berry department. I don't eat fruit at all in my weight loss phase because it has too much sugar in it which raises my blood sugar levels causing it to spike and crash. When my blood sugar level stays even, I don't get hungry and/or crave food. Its what works. I also eat every 2-3 hours to keep blood sugars at a continual even level.
  • alingle77
    alingle77 Posts: 24
    Options
    I am doing the 17 Day Diet book and u still need 2 serving of fruit per day and they way the book goes you should eat before 2 pm !
  • tviga
    tviga Posts: 1
    Options
    Any other time I would cut out bananas never pears, but I am now realizing that it didn't really make a difference in Cal/Carb intake. I had both this morning for breakfast, and when i entered the pear is when i realized that it was no diff than eating a banana.

MFP is such a great tool. I am quite obsessed with it.

Cheerios.
  • georgiam03
    Options
    I am doing the 17 Day Diet book and u still need 2 serving of fruit per day and they way the book goes you should eat before 2 pm !

I fully agree. Fruit/Carbs give you energy, so it is better to eat it earlier in the day.
  • georgiam03
    Options
    when it comes to fruit, your lowest carb options will be in the berry department. I don't eat fruit at all in my weight loss phase because it has too much sugar in it which raises my blood sugar levels causing it to spike and crash. When my blood sugar level stays even, I don't get hungry and/or crave food. Its what works. I also eat every 2-3 hours to keep blood sugars at a continual even level.

What a great success your weightloss has been. Congrats.
    I eat a lot (always 3 meals and at least 2 snacks) and stay under 1200 cals, which is my suggested daily intake. I love that this is such a great tool for all of us.