Sore...do I still workout ??

Options
MalyMal
MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
Hey just wondering.... I got a new workout video yesterdat did the 20 mins tonning thing and am sore today should not workout today or should i just muster through it ?? I am go to the gym like 5 -6 times most weeks but thought I would mix it up with this just to keep things fresh so I don't plateau. Just windering if I will hurt myself if i attempt the workout video again today ??

Replies

• AshliKrasz
    AshliKrasz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you are just "sore" it didn't actually hurt yourself then yes go ahead and work out. You might not be able to go as hard but just keep going. Also working out will loosen up your muscles and make them less sore.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, if you are just sore, then keep on working out. But if you are hurt or injured, then don't. That soreness is good - means you are challenging new muscles! :)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Rest and Recover or light easy cardio. That is my professional opinion
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    This is just me and not a "professional" opinion, but when my legs are the-good-kind-of-sore I still go for my run. I might start out slower, but I ALWAYS feel better afterwards. It might just be my body, but it works for what I do.
  • pollysunshine
    Options
    Be sure to stretch before you work out. & take things slow...cardio one day, strength training the next day, back & forth. You are less likely to injure yourself that way. But doesn't the soreness feel good? Like you're getting somewhere. Good luck!
  • What I do when I am that sore is some yoga and pilate mix class...this is great for stretching when you are sore.and relieves tightness in your body..then I do a light workout
  • cohollywood
    Options
    When I'm super sore (like today...we skiied yesterday) I will go and swim for an hour. Always makes me feel better!
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I never do two days of strength training back to back.

strength training + low impact cardio one day
    high impact cardio the next

I have been sore for about 6 months now :huh: but I never workout thru an injury and there's a difference between the two that you'll understand as your workouts intensify.

Good luck :love: