If you really wanna lose weight..............

Options
Just have your teeth whitened. Your teeth will hurt so freakin bad you will NOT be able to eat.

Argh, sensitive doesnt even begin to explain...........:grumble: :grumble:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Just have your teeth whitened. Your teeth will hurt so freakin bad you will NOT be able to eat.

Argh, sensitive doesnt even begin to explain...........:grumble: :grumble:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    As a someone who also has really REALLY REALLY REALLY sensitive teeth, I share in your pain! Never tried to have em whitened, but abso HATE going to see the dentist :grumble: :noway:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Awww... Hope you are feeling better soon! :smile:
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Uuuuuggghhhh....I know IT HURTS!! And you get those little "zingers" are you feeling them too??

Hope they feel better soon!!! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Uuuuuggghhhh....I know IT HURTS!! And you get those little "zingers" are you feeling them too??

Hope they feel better soon!!! :flowerforyou:

Yeh what the hell is that? I tried to eat peanut butter.....owwwwww:mad:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :wink: But man I LOOK good!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to get my teeth whitened. The only thing my dentist would say was to mix baking soda and salt in with my toothpaste. Hmmph! No. I want them white and now, not like two months from now. Then I went into Sams over the weekend and saw that they had some kind of 15min. treatment thingie. Anyone ever heard of this - Light-White? The cost was something like $200 for the whole package (came with an after-care kit too). How did you get yours done? Why is it painful? How long did it take? How long will it be painful? How long does it last?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread made my own teeth ache
    Hugs for you!! Hope you feel better soon!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to get my teeth whitened. The only thing my dentist would say was to mix baking soda and salt in with my toothpaste. Hmmph! No. I want them white and now, not like two months from now. Then I went into Sams over the weekend and saw that they had some kind of 15min. treatment thingie. Anyone ever heard of this - Light-White? The cost was something like $200 for the whole package (came with an after-care kit too). How did you get yours done? Why is it painful? How long did it take? How long will it be painful? How long does it last?

My dentist said that the only thing short of getting professional whitening was to use the Crest White Strips. He also said they were the safest to tooth enamel and the only over the counter method he recommended. I've used them twice with good results. Not excellent, professional results, but it took off a lot of the coffee stains I had. The regular 2 week ones are only 20 bucks, and it says you can do it again if you want them whiter I had minimal sensitivity but it says you can only treat them once a day instead of the usual 2 times per day.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Yeh those are the ones I used this time. I had them professionally done one time and could not open my mouth for days. The AIR hurt my teeth.

I have had good results with the crest white strips.

It depends on what you eat and drink as to how long it lasts. When the dentist did it, it lasted over a yr-but I stopped with tea and coffee because it cost me 500 dollars.

If you use the crest then you can do it 1x month or so to keep them whiter

They do look a lot better. ::bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

My dentist said that the only thing short of getting professional whitening was to use the Crest White Strips. He also said they were the safest to tooth enamel and the only over the counter method he recommended. I've used them twice with good results. Not excellent, professional results, but it took off a lot of the coffee stains I had. The regular 2 week ones are only 20 bucks, and it says you can do it again if you want them whiter I had minimal sensitivity but it says you can only treat them once a day instead of the usual 2 times per day.

I fell asleep with them on last night. I think that is why so sensitve today.:blushing: :sad:
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Crap......I didn't want to hear that!!! I have developed a dentist/doctor phobia over the last few years and as part of my "makeover" I have just started forcing myself back to the dentist chair. I was thinking once I got my dental/bone loss problems resolved I would treat mtself to whitening.... but it hurts ????
    I thought that would be the easy part..........."sigh"
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My dentist said to use Sensodyne toothpaste for a couple of weeks before using any kind of whitening. Of course, this was two weeks before my daughter's wedding and I wanted to whiten for that. Used the Aquafresh Whitetrays a few times but they made my teeth hurt too much. Next time I want to whiten, I'll try the Sensodyne and see if it helps any.