Cajun Style Sweet Potato

Options
I had these last night for dinner (full disclosure: These come from allrecipes.com, link at bottom), and they were amazing! Sweet potatos are so good for you and these would make a great substitution for those craving fries:

1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon brown sugar (I omitted the sugar and didn't miss it)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 large sweet potatoes
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil (I decreased to 1 teaspoon and it was perfect)

Chop the sweet potatoes up into cubes and put all the ingredients in a large ziploc, shake to distribute seasonings. Bake at 400 degrees, stirring every 15 minutes, for a total time of 30-40 minutes. If you like them very crispy, consider broiling for the last few minutes, although 40 minutes in the oven still leaves them pretty crispy.

Allrecipes has nutrition listed: (Per Serving) Calories: 229 | Total Fat: 2.3g | Cholesterol: 0mg

Try them, they are amazing!

Here's the link to the recipe on allrecipes (with photos!): http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cajun-Style-Baked-Sweet-Potato/Detail.aspx

Replies

• BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Looks delish! Thanks :)
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    How much is a serving or how many servings did this make? My wife has been wanting some sweet potato fries.
  • nikos
    nikos Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    yump
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    OMG WANT.
  • steph5565
    steph5565 Posts: 36
    Options
    How much is a serving or how many servings did this make? My wife has been wanting some sweet potato fries.

Allrecipes says 4 servings, so the nutrition facts are for 1/4 of that listed recipe, but I cut down the olive oil to 1/2 tsp, omitted the sugar, and in doing so cuts it to 233 calories and 2g fat per sweet potato used (mine was 8.4 ounces). Not bad!