TENSION HEADACHE

Options
omg. I have the worst headache, but it's not a normal headache. It's like at my temples, and it hurts to close my eyes to sleep, but it hurts to keep them open. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I feel like i'm going crazy! I didn't know where to post this, so I posted it in chit chat and games. Can anyone help?

Replies

• shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    try ibuprofen (400 mg with food) and an ice pack or cold compress... it will help to ease tension. Make sure it covers your temples, where your pain is... Good luck :(
  • VibrantStar
    VibrantStar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I get those all the time. Try and sit in a hot bath with a cold rag or ice pack on your forehead or over your eyes. OR you can lay down in the complete darkness with the cold rag or ice pack over your head. Just try and sleep. Its the best thing. Good luck and feel better!
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Excedrine is good for headaches. Get the tension headache one, it will help a lot. I get migraines and Excedrine is my go-to med...
  • douglw
    douglw Posts: 25
    Options
    If I get a bad headache, I take one or two regular aspirin and then drink a cup of coffee. I think the caffeine and aspirin work together somehow. I'm not a doctor, so use at your own risk.
  • irasonrisita
    Options
    Thank you all. I have already taken 3 tylenol, and when I put a cold wash cloth over my head, it really hurts. My boyfriend is coming over, so maybe he will help me feel better :). I will try a hot bath and get excedrine.

THANK YOU. :)
  • kitykatinlv
    Options
    I get a lot of headaches too. What works for me is first I take a pain reliever. Then my husband massages my neck and shoulders pretty hard, (no pain, no gain), and I lay down with an ice pack on neck and base of my head and try to sleep. Then when I wake up, it's usally gone, or at least I can function with whatever pain is left. Good luck to you.
  • irasonrisita
    Options
    Tried every suggestion, and it still hurts. Been a full day now, but I can't see a doctor. I feel like I'm going crazy!