Carbs

Options
Is anyone else having problems with eating too many carbs? Seems if I stay within my calorie range, which I do try to do, I end up eating too many carbs. I'm choosing whole grain products instead of processed carbs, which are better for you. I know the simple solution is to eat more protein and less carbs but I eat more beans and whole grains for protein than meat....not a big meat eater anymore. Any suggestions or do you know if the extra carbs will throw a wrench into the whole losing weight thing? Example: today my carbs are 43 over, my protein is 2 over but my calories are 7 under, my cholesterol, sat fat and fat are under too, which is great and that's after logging in all the food that I'll eat for the whole day. LOL.....I need HELP.

Replies

• douglw
    douglw Posts: 25
    Options
    Make changes to your diet if the weight stops coming off as it should. I say don't fix it if it's not broken.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Thanks......I figured I was probably over thinking it. :flowerforyou:
  • beautymkt
    beautymkt Posts: 60
    Options
    if you are a little worried.....add an extra day for working out! as long as you are losing weight or inches, don't change it. Stick to the healthy carbs and you should be fine.
  • BabyDuchess
    Options
    Thanks...I workout 6 days a wk and give myself one day of rest. I appreciate the advice though and I will keep my eye on the carbs. :smile:
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    You're fine. The amount of carbs, protein, and fat we're suppose to eat is a range, not an exact gram number like MFP lists. It's just not easy for the programmers to put ranges in, so they use a set number. You're not that far over to be out of the range, so don't stress it. Plus, it sounds like you are getting the healthy carbs and protein if your saturated fats and cholesterol are low. Make sure you are getting the unsaturated fats in your eating though, as those are required for some cellular processes too. But being low saturated fat and cholesterol is best for your heart health.
  • BabyDuchess
    Options
    Thanks Tonya.....Whew, I feel better...LOL :happy: