Strawberry Angel Cookies

Options
tamiller93
tamiller93 Posts: 195
Wish I could find the nutrition info for these...

16 oz. box Angel Food cake mix
3/4 C sugar free strawberry preserves
3 T Mini semi sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 325. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.

Beat together cake mix and preserves (do not add water). Continue until evenly moistened (about 2 minutes). Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoon onto baking sheet.

Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cookies will be soft and chewy.

Store between sheets of waxed paper to prevent from sticking together.

Replies

• Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    These sound great thanks for sharing!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Have you tried using the recipe tool under the food section, you input all the ingredients and it tells you all the info per serving!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Take the nutrition info for the entire box, add the nutrition info for the preserves and chocolate chips....then divide by how many servings you made......there are lots of nutrition calculators online too!

I love angel food cake, never thought of using the mix for cookies, may just be worth a try!!!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Take the nutrition info for the entire box, add the nutrition info for the preserves and chocolate chips....then divide by how many servings you made......there are lots of nutrition calculators online too!

I love angel food cake, never thought of using the mix for cookies, may just be worth a try!!!

The recipe tool does all that for you!
  • MissEllie0426
    Options
    Sound yummy! Thanks for sharing!
  • Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    I thought these sounded super yummy and did the recipe tool for your cookies. If the recipe yields 24 cookies, it comes out to about 75 calories per cookie.
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    yum! sounds good. thanks for sharing.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Cake mix cookies are the BEST!! So soft & moist. Also, no longer a part of my every day life! Booooo. :sad:

These sound good, but 75 per cookie, ouch. I think I would skip the chips, that would help a little... and what about a s/f jam??
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Oops, it is s/f, sorry!
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    I found the nutrition info! Here it is:

Serving size: 1 cookie
    Servings per recipe: 35

Calories 73.3

Calories from Fat 3
    Total Fat 0.4 g
    Saturated Fat 0.2 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0.1 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g
    Trans Fat 0.0 g
    Cholesterol 0.0 mg
    Sodium 97.8 mg
    Potassium 35.3 mg
    Magnesium 3.1 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
    Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
    Sugars 9.7 g
    Protein 1.2 g
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You could maybe try polaners all fruit, strawberry- sugar free. that would help the calorie count go down. this recipe sounds so good and just right for my sweet tooth!!! thanks for posting!
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    NEVERMIND. If I read CAREFULLY, I would have seen you did post it as sugar free preserves. Silly me. :)