slim in 6

Options
i was wondering if anyone has tried that slim in 6 exercise? i was thinkin gof getting it but i am not sure..

Replies

• savanuh
    savanuh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i was wondering if anyone has tried that slim in 6 exercise? i was thinkin gof getting it but i am not sure..
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    What's the "Slim in 6" program? I've never heard of it.
  • savanuh
    Options
    well i saw an infomercial for it and you are supposed to lose like a certain amount of weight in 6 weeks and for the for six days you are supposed to lose ten pounds. I dont know though it seems to good to be true
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yes...I've tried it and it works but is very strict on what you eat. The workouts are tough at first, but get easier as you progress. Good luck if you use it!!

*kistinbee*
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    My friend tried it and she didn't enjoy it...it is like any other diet idea out there....

All in all...it is what you want and what works best for you....maybe your library has it or someone you know before you actually buy it?

dd
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    I have the Slim in 6 series. I haven't followed it through for the whole 6 weeks but I have seen results from doing the workouts along with my other exercise. The goal is to do the program 6 days a week for 6 weeks increasing your level as you go. The good thing is that you start with one workout and then work your way up through the levels as you go along so there is variety. The package I got also came with other DVD's specific to Abs, Arms, Legs and even Stretching. You basically only need the first DVD though with the 3 tiered routines to get started. I also like the fact that you use resistance bands in the routines (starting with level two) as this seemed to work my muscles differently than regular weights. The only drawback for me was that if I couldn't get in my 6 days a week I felt like I had screwed the whole thing up and needed to start over. I don't know how realistic 6 days a week is but I'm sure you would see results if you could stick to that for 6 weeks!!!! Hope this helps!
  • jonkat118
    Options
    I have it, I like the dvd's especially if you haven't really exercised in awhile, it is a good way to start. For me it's a great workout, simple to follow, and I have no coordination so it works for me. I have never really tried to do it in 6 days, I just felt like I had a good workout, it's quick. I also got the Turbo Jam, not my style. I have a friend who has it and she likes it...the good thing is - it's a workout.
  • savanuh
    Options
    thanks guys! i am leaning more towards buying it than not. WHen and if i do get it i will tell you how the results came out!:smile:
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I did this following the birth of my second child. It worked wonders. However, I did get bored doing the same routine repeatedly.
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    thanks guys! i am leaning more towards buying it than not. WHen and if i do get it i will tell you how the results came out!:smile:

Yes, please let us know how it works for you!
  • ztbetts
    ztbetts Posts: 36
    Options
    I have it and I enjoyed the workout. You do the first workout for 6 days a week for a week, the second for two weeks and the last for three weeks. I lost a lot of inches and felt muscles that I didn't even know I had before. I just started it again and look forward to seeing good results from it.
  • luvjames311
    Options
    I have always been told the faster you lose the weight the easier it is to put it back on later in life.
    There is no miracle cure, nothing healthy anyway....
    I wouldnt waste money on that but if your up for it...go for it...
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have always been told the faster you lose the weight the easier it is to put it back on later in life.
    There is no miracle cure, nothing healthy anyway....
    I wouldnt waste money on that but if your up for it...go for it...

The actual diet they suggest is not "unhealthy". They recommend you stay on a 1200 calorie diet for one of the six weeks (increasing calories if you need to) and you workout an extra 20-30 minutes of cardio those days in addition to the Slim in 6 exercise program. For the other 5 weeks they tell you you will need to increase your caloric intake as a eating only 1200 calories is not healthy for an extended period of time. The workouts themselves range from 25 - 60 minutes and are basic. They use several stregth training moves back to back so you get your cardio in as well. But the large amount of weight loss they claim is in extreme cases - not typical results. They do also mention in their diet book that a lot of the loss could be due to water weight esppecially if following one of the three diet lans they outline.