Question!!!

Options
Does anyone haveany tips on what they eat when they have a hunger urge? I have a sit down job so it's easy for me to take chips/cookies out of a package but I need alternatives!!!

Replies

• eleonoreOU
    eleonoreOU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want. My diary is open and you can see what I eat. Yesterday is a VERY bad example though :p
  • rjlam
    rjlam Posts: 149
    Options
    I too have a site down job as a Medical Office Assistant and when I get the urge to eat, I keep almonds (plain) in my desk and then I pull out 24 of them and slowly munch on them. The other thing that I do is I make sure I have fruit with me that is easy to eat at my desk and I also keep water at my desk at all times. Hope this helps. YOU CAN DO IT.
  • paulettac
    paulettac Posts: 101
    Options
    Nuts are a good alternative for me, and very filling...and friut.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Buy some of those 100 calorie bags and take a few out and close bag up. Don't eat from the bag as you work or you will eat it all.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My favorite snacks are fresh fruit, nuts and cheese.
  • smithalcutie
    smithalcutie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    those 100 cal snacks help alot for me and i'm constantly sipping on water.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Planning is your friend!! I love cookies and chips and all sorts of goodies, but I have made myself stick to just having them when I want them, not just becasue I want to eat. For work I plan and pack breakfast, lunch and 2-3 snacks. So I eat breakfast before I leave, have a veggie snack at 11, eat lunch (sandwich, soup or salad with a fruit) between 12 and 1, protein snack between 2 and 3, and then a veggie snack to much on my way home.

Some of the snacks I <3 are:

Baby carrots
    Sliced Peppers
    Tomato grapes
    Snap Peas (in the pods)
    Green Beans
    Broccoli
    Cauliflower

Protein Snack- usually a cliff bar or a greek yogurt
  • nikkiexx95
    nikkiexx95 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've learned that if you're really craving something, all you have to do is have one bite and the craving goes away! you're just craving the first bite and you''ll be fine after that
  • ejha77
    ejha77 Posts: 63
    Options
    I have 6 unsalted almonds, or a sachet of hot chocolate for 34 calories. Sometimes a small chunk of cheese (about an inch cubed).
  • IdaMoreno38
    IdaMoreno38 Posts: 105
    Options
    I too have a Medical Office Desk Job. The urges come hard and strong. BUT, I'll pull out a Special K Bar and nibble on that. Or Grapes. I also bring portionized ziplock baggies of Whole Grain Tostito Chips with measured salsa. Cures the hunger. Works for me. It's better than my old habits of Doritos, or Chili Cheese Fritos with Bean Dip. Or a Snickers. I hate flashbacks of those days. Keep it up friend. You'll do great!
  • Dsanders460
    Dsanders460 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try eating more (smaller) meals per day. I switched to this and it seems to REALLY help. Basically, I took the number of base calories per day and divided it by 6. So I end up with about 236 calories per meal. That may not sound like much, but when you are eating every two hours you do have time to get too hungry, plus you can use your extra calories earned at the gym to beef up the meals you want to eat out or splurge a little. And for those days when you need to stockpile some calories for later in the day, those little 100 calorie bags of popcorn are pretty filling for the relatively small calorie content!
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Instant oatmeal! I take it to work and either stick it in the microwave or add hot water. 160 calories and it kills those hunger pangs.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    String cheese. Portion control is taken care of for you, it isn't messy, and you don't have to worry about it spiking your blood sugar and triggering rebound sugar cravings later.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I usually snack on rice cakes...they have different flavors and they satisfy your hunger.
  • gottabelooney
    Options
    I'll drink a big glass of water first. If that doesn't help I'll eat a string cheese, apple or fat free yougurt. That satisfies my hunger pang.
  • kdrew11
    kdrew11 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Carrots and pickled onions
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Special K bars or fiber one bars are also good:)
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I would buy a nice shaker cup and a good protein powder. Nuts are also a good choice for snacking stick to the unsalted kinds. Go to a health food store and get a variety...pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, brazil nuts, walnuts, almonds etc...
    Or go to a Costco, Sams Club or BJ's and buy a 3lb bag of almonds, walnuts and/or pecans
  • KKOLB1
    KKOLB1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    OOh a really good one is homemade 'icecream sandwiches'. take a graham cracker & i use low fat cool whip, take the graham & break it in half (2 squares) but 2 tbsp of cool whip inbetween & put in the freezer. I make a punch up & put them on a plate & stick them in the freezer to get hard enough to stack & then put them in a sealable container. 75 calories for a yummy snack. Also trail mix is really good. I just get my fav. kind from walmart & you can always ad a few m&m. 140 cal. for 1/4 cup serving.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I usually use nuts, fruit,5 to7 crackers with a cheese stick and I love the macadameia Luna bar.