Hello!

Options
cunokyle
cunokyle Posts: 58 Member
Hello! I found this site through an app on my Android powered phone. Been overweight for a long time now and am getting sick of being fat! I am 6'4" and currently weigh in at 330lbs! Working on getting myself back into shape and down to 220lbs! Haven't been down to that weight for close to 10 years.

My biggest problem has always been that I like to eat! A lot! I like food and eat way more than I should. I do not work out much either. Working on changing that too. I am on my feet all day at work, but need to actually do some work outs!

Replies

• sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You can do it!! MFP is great with lots of support!! Feel free to add me
  • andreammusic
    Options
    Hi! What kind of resources are you using? I am in love with the public library when it comes to self-improvement education. I've gotten some audio books that totally flip how I think about nutrition, so I figured I'd throw them out there for ya:

Two of my favorites:

1. The Body Fat Solution, Tom Venuto (GREAT for goal setting, hidden beliefs about food and identity, and psychology of emotional eating, as well as some awesome exercise tips, plus talks about holding yourself accountable and recruiting social support- which you're already going through this site : ) : ) ) From what you said about eating, I feel like this one will probably do the most good for you!!

after reading that, I moved on to
    2. The Four Hour Body, Timothy Ferriss
    Here are some of the common mistakes he pinpointed-- I found these in particular really help me day-to-day:
    * NOT EATING WITHIN ONE HOUR OF WAKING, PREFERABLY WITHIN 30 MINUTES (I've been doing hard boiled eggs and beans)
    * NOT EATING ENOUGH PROTEIN (get at least 20g per meal, more at breakfast)
    * NOT DRINKING ENOUGH WATER
    * BELIEVING THAT YOU'LL COOK, ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE A BACHELOR
    * OVEREATING "DOMINO FOODS": NUTS, CHICKPEAS (GARBANZO BEANS), HUMMUS, PEANUTS, MACADAMIAS

(resource: I cheated and copied the stuff in caps from this site : http://www.unclebobstips.com/4-hour-body/Fat_Loss.asp)

GOOD LUCK and congratulations on starting this awesome journey : )
  • katrinac83
    Options
    you got this i used to be 190. now am 150 used to bing eat tasty food. but hae found new foods to eat and loving it!
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Good luck my friend.Best wishes on hitting all the targets that you have set.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Wecome, you will love MFP, everyone is so supportive. Make sure you log in everyday, it will help your journey.
  • ToniAnn411
    Options
    HI! You can definitly do this. This site is really helpful. Lots of information and plenty of people to help you things. Good luck! I look forward to seeing you around and hearing about your progress!
  • Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP family!! I really like this site and I'm sure u will too!! The others are right, it helps if u log in everyday and journal ur exercise and food. Send me a friend request if u'd like!!
  • cunokyle
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

As far as resources, have been doing a lot of reading about healthy diets and food mostly. Did start walking/hiking yesterday so that should play a huge part in my weight loss success as well!
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Good luck man! Friend me and I'll help support you through your weight loss, I started this past January and have been making progress, so you can do it to!
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    Welcome feel free to add me. and best of luck with your weight loss
  • cunokyle
    Options
    I am glad I found this app and the site! I never paid attention to how much I was eating before! That has always been a big issue for me!. Looking at some of my eating habits in the past, there were days I would eat over 5000 calories! I would say average I was close to 4000 caloies a day! No wonder why I gained so much weight these last 10 years!

It has been tough cutting down on the amount of food I eat...after being so used to eating all day long! Been trying to drink lots of water and eat small snacks every few hours.
  • glendadykstra
    Options
    You and me both son. I need to get an 'accurate' scale. Mine varies each time I go to the doctor. (As often as I am in there... I shouldn't need a scale. LOL)
    Did you invite Jason? I invited Kat. Justin isn't quite as over-weight as we are. If I start losing, I can guarantee your dad will . :D

Thanks for inviting me bud!

:Love ya
    ma
  • Salamanda25
    Salamanda25 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good Luck on your journey! I have an amazing cookbook to lower the calories on some of most peoples favorite foods, so if you need anything, let me know! (I'm close to Philly, so now I have a recipe for a low-cal Philly Cheesesteak! Yum!)

Looking forward to hearing of your success!
  • cunokyle
    Options
    Good Luck on your journey! I have an amazing cookbook to lower the calories on some of most peoples favorite foods, so if you need anything, let me know! (I'm close to Philly, so now I have a recipe for a low-cal Philly Cheesesteak! Yum!)

Looking forward to hearing of your success!

Very interested in this recipe!!!
    You and me both son. I need to get an 'accurate' scale. Mine varies each time I go to the doctor. (As often as I am in there... I shouldn't need a scale. LOL)
    Did you invite Jason? I invited Kat. Justin isn't quite as over-weight as we are. If I start losing, I can guarantee your dad will . :D

Thanks for inviting me bud!

:Love ya
    ma

Did not know Jason's email...or if he would really be interested so I didn't invite him.