Celiac Disease

Options
Does anyone else have Celiac Disease ? I was wonder how do you calculate the calories that you’ve consumed if you get sick after eating something?
I went out for breakfast this morning and about a half an hour latter got sick. So would you take the full calorie count our partial ?
Thanks

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Keep the full calorie count but record in the comments section that you got sick. On days when you get sick give yourself another 100-200 or so calories to eat. That should make up for what you lost.
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    if you chucked it up within 30 to 45 min I would only count it as a partial.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Not to get off topic, but there are a bunch of us on here with Celiac's or gluten intolerance... we have a group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/114512-gluten-free-girls-and-guys?page=17#posts-2483301

... you're more than welcome to come join us! :flowerforyou:
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    To be perfectly honest, I would be more concerned about what I was eating that made me sick. How long have you been gluten-free? You must be getting gluten somehow and that is more concerning than calculating caloric intake right now. I have been diagnosed for 5 years now and I know it's a hard adjustment but trust me once you go fully gluten-free you will feel so much better. Then you can start working on your calories and other weight loss goals. Just my two cents, of course.
  • SeltzerKC
    SeltzerKC Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks guys. I thought I should take the full calories but wasn't sure. I have been GF for over 6 years now. I’ve never gotten sick from this restaurant before so I’m sure it was just some sort of cross contamination.
  • SeltzerKC
    SeltzerKC Posts: 13
    Options
    Not to get off topic, but there are a bunch of us on here with Celiac's or gluten intolerance... we have a group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/114512-gluten-free-girls-and-guys?page=17#posts-2483301

... you're more than welcome to come join us! :flowerforyou:

Oh that's awsome - I will go check it out. Thanks