Progress

Options
is it weird that my family and friends tell me they cant tell a difference in my body and can tell i have lost weight but i can't ? when will i be able to notice it ?!

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    That doesn't make sense....they can tell you have lost weight...but can't tell a different in your body?
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    The thing about losing weight is that for a long while you just don't realise it. It's only when you go to buy new clothes and continue to choose the same size you use to wear and they're always too big, or you see a picture of yourself that's when you realise.

Don't worry, it takes time for the mind to adjust. Just keep focusing on eating well and being as active as you can
  • stevepayette
    Options
    Not sure exactly what you meant, but if you meant other people are saying they see that you've lost weight but you can't see it yourself, that happens. We see our own bodies everyday, so sometimes because the change day to day is so small we lose sight of the overall progress we've made. Someone else who might not see you ALL the time might notice a bigger difference each time they see you. Don't worry about it though. If you're making progress, you will see it eventually! Might be a pair of pants that fit better, going down to a lower notch on a belt, or just feeling generally less flabby, but it'll happen.

The other possibility is they're just trying to be nice and support you, which isn't a bad thing lol
  • littlemoron
    littlemoron Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That doesn't make sense....they can tell you have lost weight...but can't tell a different in your body?

I think it's a typo.

Re: the question - YES, it makes sense, and I think a lot of people go through the same thing. A lot of people have really distorted ideas of how they look - even some of the tiniest people think they look "fat", when to everyone else they look...skinny.

That's why it's good to listen to your friends and your family, and monitor your progress using objective criteria, like: the scale, the fit of your clothes, measuring tape, energy levels, etc etc.

Also, try not to be too hard on yourself when you look in the mirror. If you're eating healthy and exercising, then you're doing good things for yourself and should be proud.

:flowerforyou:
  • nikkiexx95
    nikkiexx95 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    oh my bad! i meant they can but i can't*