MFP Newbie

Caffyf
Caffyf Posts: 2 Member
edited 4:27PM in Introduce Yourself
Hi Everyone. I just joined about 3 weeks ago and I have to say - this site is fabulous! there is so much support and positive attitudes. And all kinds of tips and advice.

I do have a question......am I supposed to consume all of the calories every day (including calories burned during exercise) in order to lose weight, or is it okay to have some net calories at the end of a day. I have only gone over my calories once and am down 5 lbs in two weeks, but I just want to make sure I am on thre right track. Thanks!

Replies

• SNorrisii
    SNorrisii Posts: 31
    Welcome This site has been a God send for me and I have been able to stick to it unlike other diets out there!
    It's ok to be a few calories above or below just get close to your goal in net calories and stay above 1200net calories a day

Add me as a friend if you want

Steve
  • buchmansrus
    buchmansrus Posts: 34 Member
    Hi there, I'm new here too. Congradulations on the 5 lb loss. This site is awesome and so glad I stumbled upon it.

Add me if you like, I need all the friends/support I can get too.

Anyone else can feel free to add me too, April
  • TolsonSL
    TolsonSL Posts: 2
    Hello to everyone. Today I'm trying something new and I hope that my fitness pal is an integral part of that. I have been overweight most of my life and I truly want to do something about it. By being able to express what I'm feeling here in this forum, and receiving feedback from others that are going through the same thing that I am, I feel that this will be a success.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186555-my-guide-to-how-the-goals-in-mfp-settings-work

This post answered SO many questions for me...it's a definite "must-read"!
This discussion has been closed.