Attempting to eat clean - food suggestions please???

Options
Baby steps:  So my goal this week is to focus on good carbs, low sugar and low fat foods.  I eat must fruit and most veggies; only chicken and turkey and I use the herbalife protein shake.  I'm looking for suggestions besides the food I listed above to ensure I'm eating all of my calories as it is time to part ways with my FAVS ( bread & potatoes)

Replies

• denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Have you tried fish? Fish is very healthy for you.
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    bump!
  • frogmommy
    frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/

Some great ideas here!
  • safari20111
    safari20111 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I hate fish. I ate it so much growing up:(
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Basically, anyhting not processed is "clean" food. Think of the outer rim of the groc. store - produce, skim dairy or dairy substitutes, lean meats/seafood, and whole grains and legumes from the bulk section.

Have you heard of Tosca Reno? She is a formerly overweight health and fitness advocate. She has written scads of books about eating clean and cookbooks too. Check her out: www.toscareno.com. You might want to pick up some of her books, or check them out from your library. I love her straightforward, no nonsense approach. And her recipes are yummy!
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Basically, anyhting not processed "

I meant ANYTHING. Spell check anyone? :wink:
  • Lizzieloves
    Options
    Try using fresh herbs, ginger and garlic to flavour seafood. Salmon, wahoo, Tuna and shrimp are high in protein and low in fat, pair them with brocolli, peppers and spinach and you'll feel full and satisfied:happy:
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i agree, i try hard to stay on the outer rims of the store and barely make my way up the aisles.

Some of the clean food I like is oatmeal, grapefruit, any type of green smoothie, greek yogurt, and anything to make a gigantic salad. I try to eat a lot of salads just to get my veggie intake. Being vegetarian, I eat a lot of soy products, not sure how healthy it is...I've heard debates on eating too much soy.

Try eating sprouted breads or even brown rice breads if you want. They are made from the best form of grains and supposed to be really healthy.
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/

Some great ideas here!

great link, thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    Bump
  • safari20111
    safari20111 Posts: 42 Member
    Options