Old Members!!!

Options
Have you been a member for 2+ months and have seen results? If so what was your weight loss goal per week? I want to jump start this thing but I also want to set a logical weight loss goal.

Replies

• JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    MFP set me at 1.7 pounds a week...ive been averaging 1 pound to 2 pounds per week.
  • keepitoff99
    keepitoff99 Posts: 117
    Options
    1 to 2 lbs a week,
    Lost more the first week or so but after that, average about that amount.
    I go up and down though so some weeks I'll lose 2 or 3 lbs, then the next week I'll go up 1 or 2 lbs, etc.
    Not sure why....my body is a bit weird that way.
  • kmunis
    kmunis Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've been a MFP member for just over 2 months. Love the Android app - makes it sooo easy to track things. Overall I've lost 18 lbs, some days are up, some days are down, but I'm trying to stay focused on the long term. For now it seems to be working!!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in August last year. I was already down 20 lbs when I started, and by January I had reached my goal of 135 lbs - down 64 lbs. I lost an average of 10 lbs per month for the entire 6 months or so I was reducing. 1 1/2 - 2 lbs is doable - but it will take a lot of dedication and work. I recommend you be completely and totally honest with yourself regarding calorie intake (log everything) and exercise. If you choose to log housework or cleaning as an exercise (or other types of activities) you may find that you are in essence cheating yourself even if your lifestyle is sendentary. If you really want to achieve the 2 lbs a week reduction, it will require a lot of work and close monitoring. Do what works, though, not what you think you should do.

Blessings

Vickie