Trying to get back on track

Options
First let me say I really enjoy this website and all the support from everyone on here. Secondly I need some help. I have had a lot of life’s stressors for the past couple months and am now trying to get on track. My goal is to lose about 8 to 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I know this isn't really a healthy goal but if I push myself I will be strict and some weight loss is better than gaining (which is what I have been doing). I am only supposed to be taking in 1200 calories a day and have always found this to be hard to stick to. Does anyone have any ideas for ways to stay at this calorie intake and still feel satisfied? Also any workout suggestions would be appreciated too. I should mention that I do love fruit but it seems to speed up my metabolism so I am hungrier after eating a piece of fruit. Thanks again for any suggestions :)

Replies

• carolyn28
    Options
    Make sure you have at least your 8 cups water daily then. They really can fill you up and push away those hunger pangs.
  • mfergie889
    Options
    Hey there! I am not sure what your fitness level is, but have you ever thought of working toward a 5k? (3.1 miles) Its so nice to have a goal, and the feeling of accomplishment after a race is amazing!
  • LaurenH2010
    Options
    No I hadn't thought about that, but it is a good idea. I imagine that would take the focus off the weight loss and put it on the race and the weight would just naturally fall off. What kind of food do you eat while training though?
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    No I hadn't thought about that, but it is a good idea. I imagine that would take the focus off the weight loss and put it on the race and the weight would just naturally fall off. What kind of food do you eat while training though?

Truly I wish the weight would fall off.. but training isn't unlike any other exercise, eat lots of lean protein and veggies and fruits and drink TONS of water. Google the Couch to 5k program, it's amazing and works very well! I agree that that running is a great way to lose weight, but you also need to maintain a strict calorie count for it to really work. I've found personally that running has given me an overall level of fitness I've never had before, as well as confidence that I can do anything I set my mind to! Make sure you add strength training in your routine and only run 3-4 days per week giving yourself a rest day in between (great for cross training) so you don't burn out or injure yourself.

Good luck! It can be done, but don't think of it as a failure if you only lose 5 pounds.. it's still awesome!