calories burned

Options
Today I went to the gym. I walked for 46 min on the treadmill and burned 300 calories. My question is should the calories i burned go back towards the calories i should eat?

Replies

• ian191
    ian191 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Most don't recommend you eat your exercise calories... I don't either. Because you cancel out your workout, calorie wise, that is.

But to each their own!
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I've always heard you were supposed to eat back your exercise calories, so you don't put yourself into starvation mode... I eat most mine back, sometimes I workout soo much and am only able to eat back maybe half of them... it has been working for me so far... Like ian said, to each their own
  • jaydun617
    jaydun617 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You should eat some of the calories you burn because you do not want to deprive your body of the nutrients it needs even though you want fewer calories. So if you burn 300 calories, maybe eating an extra small snack like an apple would be a good idea and it wouldn't completely cancel out the calories you burned.
  • Smoodysmom
    Options
    I agree with not eating the workout calories for the same reason, it seems like it would definitely cancel out the workout. And also, I've been getting great results already and I'm only in a week. I've lost weight already and I do believe it's because I stay under my calorie goal and I don't eat the extra calories earned from the workout...hope this helps.
  • taralynne9875
    taralynne9875 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I read in a health magazine you should eat back half of your workout calories :) Sometimes I will eat all, sometimes none, sometimes just some. I have been doing this for only 3 weeks now, but I am consitantly losing. Do what works for you and your body and consult your doctor :)
  • Dawndizzy
    Options
    when I record my workout it adds it to the calories I have left