Hi :)

Options
So..my name is Mark. I'm 18. I've been overweigh all my life. I've recently started a gym routine, watching what i eat, and hoping for results. My dream in life is to be a doctor oversee's as a missionary. I want to spread the gospal of Jesus while treating the sick. You can't really do that weighing as much as i do :/ so yea, thats my goal. I currently weigh 294 and my goal is 150! keep me in your prayers. Add me as a friend if you need a Jesus Buddy :)

Replies

• erinkelly2
    erinkelly2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck to you/
  • netsirk419
    netsirk419 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! You can do it:)
  • darblij
    darblij Posts: 89
    Options
    Nice one Mark.....You can do this!
  • tokes
    tokes Posts: 22
    Options
    Mark welcome to MFP I would love to see you reach your goal - you will find lots of supportive people and useful tool on here and I really think they will help - but hon dont just "hope" for your dreams go out there and grab them with both hands x
  • momof7withchrist
    Options
    Welcome Mark. I know you can do it. I watched my bff go from 230+ to currently 180! She watches what she eats and uses Leslie Sansone DVDs. She went from soda & fraps to water. She went from McDs to cooking at home. She is my inspiration. If she can do it, so can we!
  • Jerri_Thompson
    Options
    Hi. We share the same goal weight! I was 230+ for a long time. I ate whatever and whenever. Not anymore. I started October 3 at 224 lbs...now 183. I was losing some before this date but was only cutting things out but not really counting cals or anything but still kept on with food addictions. It was until my bff said "just count and saty under 1500 cals like you did in first place" (a christian weight loss program which was a Bible study tied to it as well :) ) So I thought about what she had said and started it! Stopped my "whatever and whenever" eating and started this journey. I am 41 lbs down since October. I lost fast the first 3 months but slowed these past almost 3 months at trying to lose 10 but I guess after a fast weight loss you hit a point to now get fit. I feel great now and have more energy for my children at home and in my sunday school class (kindergarten) at church. I used to have to sleep after church on Sundays but now forget it...I am alive and better! I have great support form my husband who has stood by me throught this all the way and compliments me. He never thinks of looks, he thinks of atittude. His thing is a beautiful woman can be ugly...its whats inside that shows true beauty. He can wrap his arms around me now all the way! He even lifted me up one day a week ago. Those little things add up and truly make you feel special. I am glad you are on here. You came to the right place. Thank you for desiring to serve over seas to spread the gospel! God will say to you "Well done My good and faithful servant!" :)

PS Just know throught Him you can do this! And many out there can help you too! Thanks for the add! :flowerforyou:
  • Jerri_Thompson
    Options
    ..and by the way..my goal is 150 as well :)
  • karengnle
    Options
    I am 57 and have had 30 extra pounds for the last 24 years since pregnancy . My 24 year old daughter got my husband and I interested in this. We have never been very active. I get on exercise kicks a few times a year but whats been missing is the healthy eating patterns. It is great to be able to see the calories I consume. I am setting a goal of 15 lbs. initially. I guess I don't have a lot of confidence in my ability to stayed disciplined. So here I goooo!!