skinny but with lots of stomache fat.........help please rea

Options
hi i am 48 female 7 stone and 5' and what i am desperate to do is lose the weight around my middle, i hate my body shape, skinny legs and arms but a porky middle, people think just because i am slim i am happy with my body......................WRONG i have that terrible flabby stomache, love handles and am desperate to get healthy. I have no support from my partner who i add is about 14 stone and 6' man boobs and chunky thighs and a big bottom and has no cares about what he eats, good on him i suppose but i wish he would eat better and lose weight we could get fitter together but i have tried and he just digs his heels in, I am sure there are people who will read this and think lucky me being slim but it is not the case i am just as unhappy needing to lose 2 lbs as someone needing to lose alot more, I have very low self esteem and would love advice support and friends.

Replies

• mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    one word "Pilates". work that core and the belly will shrink. I've lost have of mine, and it was huge.
  • RoseEnvy
    RoseEnvy Posts: 21
    Options
    I have the same problem. Everyone thinks I'm skinny because I have skinny legs but my muffin top is HUGE! I'm doing pilates and I can feel abs but I can't see them because there's this nasty layer of fat.
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ms. Mandy said it - Pilates. If you have not exercised then it will be a while before you can achieve the poses - I still can't :), but it works anyway.
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    the best way is to incorporate resistance training and eat healthy. There are many post about exercise and nutrition here. Start readiing. Good Luck. I am ch:drinker: ering for you
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I don't really know if this helps because my only running is when I play tennis, but I always feel my ab muscles kind of sore after that. I don't know if running would do that...maybe while tightening your muscles? I don't know....just an idea.

Good luck!
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Are you guys pilates will get rid of a stretched out stomach??? From YEARS of being stretched out? If so i'm running out to get a pilates dvd
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    You need to eat clean - eliminate artificial sweetners and as much as added sugar as you can, eat lots of fiber rich foods, leafy greens and plenty of other vegetables, plenty of lean protein. I have read several places that a 40% carb, 30% protein an 30% fat balance is best for banishing belly fat. Also be selective about your "fats" try to increase monounsaturated fat which is found in olives, olive oil, walnuts and avocado Do not eat trans fat (anything hydrogenated).

This a summary of tons of stuff I have been reading over the past several months. I have lost 20 pounds and shrunk my waist 5 inches. All my fat is in middle - the health risk zone!
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I have known people withb this issue and it is difficult to lose that area. Working your core is all I can say, just like everyone else said. As for your man, he has to make the decision for himself, but you may inspire him once you start lookin all hot! Best wishes to ya!
  • jadorex40x
    jadorex40x Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    any suggestions for a good pilates dvd for a beginner and thanks for the replies
  • muzicgurl02
    Options
    I understand how you feel with low self esteem and not having many family members support your decision on eating healthier. My hubby doesn't understand why I want to loose weight. It doesn't matter how many times I tell him, he just doesn't listen. I've noticed that the past few years we've gotten lazy with exercise and not eating healthy foods. I'm now forcing the change with myself and him. Since I'm in charge of grocery shopping, I write out a dinner menu for the week. I found recipes online and at the library for healthy and enjoyable meals. I've also become a coupon clipper and shop around for sales. I still buy junk food but I make sure we are both mindful of our proportions. And even though my hubby and I are busy with work schedules and family schedules, we make 1 hour out of our day to go walking or do some form of exercise. It's hard work if you want to change, but the rewards are great.

Pilates will do wonders for your tummy region, as well as, toning other muscles.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    You need to eat clean - eliminate artificial sweetners and as much as added sugar as you can, eat lots of fiber rich foods, leafy greens and plenty of other vegetables, plenty of lean protein. I have read several places that a 40% carb, 30% protein an 30% fat balance is best for banishing belly fat. Also be selective about your "fats" try to increase monounsaturated fat which is found in olives, olive oil, walnuts and avocado Do not eat trans fat (anything hydrogenated).

This a summary of tons of stuff I have been reading over the past several months. I have lost 20 pounds and shrunk my waist 5 inches. All my fat is in middle - the health risk zone!

I agree with the 40/30/30. I've read that as a standard ratio (I can't remember where). I also agree with the healthy fats such as from avacado, almonds, etc. And the trans fat....bad stuff! :)

Good luck! If you find something that works for you, as a tried and true experiment, please keep us posted :)
  • RoseEnvy
    RoseEnvy Posts: 21
    Options
    pilates for dummies is good to get to know the basics. crunch yoga&pilates blend is also very good.
  • firmbug
    firmbug Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I agree with the 40/30/30, you need protein with a limited amount of carbohydrate, I would eliminate sugar and starchy veggies and grains, like rice, potato, bread basically anything white! Tummy fat is a sign of insulin resistance, your body is using too much insulin to take care of the carbohydrates you are eating, too much blood insulin results in fat storage, especially around the middle, by eliminating, your body will be forced to burn the fat as fuel. A good book to read is protein Power, they explain all this and site medical studies and have recipes and foods to steer clear of and foods to eat plenty of. You said you were 5 stone, 1 stone is 14 American (where I am from) pounds, so you are weighing right in at 98 pounds, which is good for height of 5 foot, this way of eating will not make you drop excessive pounds, it will basically rip you and lean you out and flatten that tummy, which sounds like exactly what you want to do! Good luck, any questions just ask. I am happy to help you in any way possible. I've been eating like this and lost 7" off my waist since January of this year.
  • jadorex40x
    jadorex40x Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    yikes i have done my sums wrong i weigh 7 stone................................
  • csgsurveyor
    Options
    I just read firmbug's reply, and she is right on the money . All these replys are great and true. I would like to add that you need to read up on insulin resistance. Please take an in depth look at this and you may find an answer there. I am insulin resistant and it takes a lot of work to overcome, but it is possible. I have lost 21 pounds realizing this and working to overcome it. Stick with the exercises, I do core work twice a week. Meaning I work only my abs 30 minutes twice a week, it is tough. It is hard, but oh so rewarding, just 20 lbs and I feel better. Hope this helps.